Successful 12 b early hunts !

Ranger518

Would like to hear how fellow hunters were successful on this early hunt I'm going this wensday and with it being warm I'm still pondering how I'm going to do this hunt I'm there for the full hunt and just want alittle insight if anyone ones willing to share I would really appreciate it thx.

The hunt gets better as time goes on and more and better deer move down from UT. The last day of the hunt will be the best day. More deer and few hunters. Most will have shot spikes and forkies and gone home by then. Stay as close to the UT border as possible since that's where 90% of the deer will come from. Find the waters and stick close to them too. There are a lot of trick tanks. Prey for snow in UT! I'm mainly referring to 12BW.

just posted on the subject a couple of weeks ago. So you can look back a couple of posts. The hunt is a fun hunt if you like to see deer and enjoy time just hunting. But don't expect a lot from this hunt. It is not a big buck hunt and it will be very unlikely that you will see a "big buck" as this hunt is so early they just haven't moved in. When they moved it up a week, they pretty much took away the chance at a big deer. It is a meat hunt. Just being honest with you. If you are a trophy hunter hunt over by 13A, but you won't see very many deer. You may actually go days without seeing a deer. If you want to see deer hunt on the east side. It doesn't matter if you are right on the Utah border or not, just be within 3 to 5 miles of it. Hunt around the old burns and you will see deer. If you see something bigger than a 2 point, you should consider this a shooter on the early hunt. Personally I put my kids in for the hunt since they have moved the dates earlier, as it is a great youth hunt, as shooting a small buck is pretty easy and a lot of fun. So my daughter drew out and we will be up there for the third year in a row. Good Luck.

Oh and if you show up in the light camping spots are everywhere. Let me know what you are looking for in terms of hunting and I may be able to direct you to areas to camp. I have been up in that unit a lot and it is a pretty good sized unit, depending on what you are after you can either camp with the crowd or be by yourself. T

IMO , I would stick towards the 13A area . I have not concentrated much w/n this area but the times I have been in these parts, by jumpup canyon , including about 2 weeks ago , I have seen awesome bucks there and resident bucks that are off the the ledges looking into kanab creek . Tooele is correct , there are less deer there than what you'd see in other areas . In my experience, less people hunt by the 13A area as well .

Tooele I have hunted unit 13a few years back and liked that country what can u tell me about unit 12 b west that borders that it sounds like a even a harder hunt around that area but I'd rather have one chance at a good deer rather than a chance at 2 pointer i mean we have three tags one is going to be meat tag so we thought since were going to be there the full hunt we would start there what do you think oh and when will you be up?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom