Successful hunting season

larrbo

Very Active Member
In mid-summer I didn't know if hunting season would happen for me this year because I had back surgery on August 13th. I had draw a Nevada deer tag this year and I also had a tag for deer in California. The surgery went well and I worked hard on my rehab and the doctor let me go to Nevada and was lucky to get a nice 4x4 buck 8 weeks after the surgery.
742952732012_nevada_deer.jpg

Then I had my hunt in California to look forward to. I went up with Sage one Saturday to take a look and saw 3 bucks one of which was a really good buck. I decided to pass and come back later and hunt. The guys I hunt with were seeing a few good bucks everytime they went out, but new bucks would move in and other bucks seem to move out of the area. I missed a good 4x4 that Sage called "lucky" because I had such a easy shot. The following day I saw "lucky" again but couldn't get a shot off. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get my California buck this year. On my way up above camp to hunt a ridge I saw movement off to my right. It was a buck behind some brush. I was able to get to an area and get a shot off and my hunting season was over and successful. If you were to ask me a few months ago I would just be thankful to being able to hunt. I was very blessed by good health to hunt this year.
5042coon_camp_313.jpg

Thanks for stopping by today Larry, to let me get my hands on his rack. This pic too doesn't do the buck much justice. Solid Buck, even more so for a Kali buck!!

I got to spend a couple different days trips up there with Larry hoping to help find him a shooter buck. We saw several decent bucks and besides "lucky, a very heavy based unique buck with two completely different sides, we found "joey's buck", a perfect proportional mature 4X4 with real dark looking antlers, and a few other candidates that maybe could be best off with another year of growth. I had a blast and only wish i could have been there the day Larrbo got this buck!

What did you say he weighed out at Larry? Congrats Buddy!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The buck weighed 155 pounds on the hook. Two bucks this year is a lot of eating.....how empty is your freezer Sage? I may need some help.

Far be it for me to ask something like, "What did you say he weighed out at Larry? Congrats Buddy!!" to get a guy thinking what in the world he is going to do with all that meat...

Ah, yeah buddy, i could make a little room in there. :)

155 lbs dressed out with hide and head off is a BIG deer!

Any word from the other guys on Stickers, Lucky, or Joey's buck?

Congrats again!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Excellent story and those are some very nice bucks. Especially the Cali buck, good mass and deep forks...
Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom