Suggestions on new toy??

HGHCOUNTRY

Ok guys here is a questions for you, If you had between $1200.00- $1700.00 to spend between rifle and scope for a new deer/elk rifle what would it be? Requirements would be; it has to be semi-light, say under 7.5 lbs., stainless, synthetic stock, Sako? Kimber? Browning? Remington? Weatherby? Winchester? How bout the scope,
Zeiss conquest? Nikon? Leupold? Burris? I was thinking a Browning A-bolt stainless Stalker, mounted with a Leupold VX-III 3.5x10. I don't know if I could stay under $1700.00 if I went with a sako, weatherby, or Kimber. Any suggestions would help greatly. Thanks in advance.

-Hghcountry

Kimber Montana 300 WSM w/ Leupold VX III 3.5x10x50 Wide Duplex reticle & Talley Steel Rings and Mounts...should run just a tad over $1700. You could get by fine with the 40mm Objective end Lupe and Lupe bases & rings and trim a little cost.
Take a good look at the Kimbers...fine machines considering the weight and finish you desire.

Weatherby ultra light mkv in .300 win mag with a burris fullfield II 4.5-14x42 w/ballistic plex. Should stay just about 1700, super light, accuracy gaurantee, good looking, bullet proof, and tons of recoil!!!!

Keep your scope choice in the realistic, usable hunting power of 3-9 or thereabouts, and spend the extra money on the rifle. mtmuley

Get a SAKO and mount a Sightron on it and that should keep you within your price range!!!

Winchester featherweight classic 7mm or 300 short mag vxIII 4.5x14x40 with B&C reticle

What you had in mind, Browning A-bolt topped with a Leupold 3-5x10 would be a great choice.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going with a Sako finnlight in .270 WSM, topped with a leupold VX-III 3.5x10x40. came in just under $1700, I know some might say the .270 WSM is too light for elk, I have seen enough one shot kills with this caliber on elk to satisfy my concerns. Plus next year I can explain to the wife that I need a new "elk" rifle, I'm thinking Sako in .300 WSM. Can never have too many rifles. ( For what its worth it came down to the sako Finnlight, Kimber Montana or the Remington titanium.) Thanks again for the help. Happy hunting!

-Hghcountry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom