Summer fishing at Lake Hayden

HntHrdr

Very Active Member
Any of you fellas fish at Lake Hayden? Found out my wife’s friends have a cabin on the lake and we get to go hang out for a few days, naturally I’m going to pack some tackle and see what I can get into out there, looks like it has a pretty diverse fishery, looking for any pointers Thanks!

Lots of smallmouth for shore fishing. In the shallower areas you will find largemouth, pike, sunfish and crappie. There are also trout and Kokanee but in the summer they are deep and they are rarely a shore fishing affair. I live within two miles of the lake and fish it for warm water and cold water species regularly out of our fishing boat.

Do you know when you will be visiting? From where? Time of year can have a big impact on where and how to fish.

Lots of smallmouth for shore fishing. In the shallower areas you will find largemouth, pike, sunfish and crappie. There are also trout and Kokanee but in the summer they are deep and they are rarely a shore fishing affair. I live within two miles of the lake and fish it for warm water and cold water species regularly out of our fishing boat.

Do you know when you will be visiting? From where? Time of year can have a big impact on where and how to fish.
Thank you so much for the reply! I am an amateur bass angler being a Co guy and catching trout most of my life but I definitely have the bass bug and especially smallies. We will be there from the 6-10 of July, I have never been but it’s supposedly a pretty swanky cabin, they have a dock/ and boat, but since I’m the guest i probably won’t press too hard to fish from the boat, but I’m good dock/ shore fishing.

When you said smallies I’m really hoping for some top water action! We have a reservoir here in colorado that gets a good top water bite in July with poppers/ whopper ploppers, in the Am

There is some area shallow enough for top water in the east and north part of the lake. There will be largemouth there as well. You’ll need to get up early, real early that time of year to get into the best action. The time around 4th of July is the busiest of the year here as far as the lake goes. It’s been a long cold spring so far, and things could run behind.

A kayak is a great tool for getting into bass on Hayden. If their boat isn’t a fishing boat it may be of little use.

I’ll be around that timeframe. I sent a pm.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom