Summit Reservation

B

BWitt

Does any one know if passage is still possible through the Summit Lake reservation? I found tribe legislation that appears to indicate that they had implemented a vehicle permit system to fund road repairs and a few years back I heard that the road had been close.

On the other side of the range, I recall hitting a gate at Paiute Meadows Ranch that was impassible but don't recall if there was a route around?

Long story short, just playing around trying to determine if there is a quicker path in to the northern black rock range than going to Winnemucca and shootin up toward Leonard Creek Ranch.

Yes! Above soldiers meadow one can turn through the reservation into the black rock range up cottonwood creek. Into Red mountain area just south of the reservation too.

I had been up there since that whole permit thing happened. The main road (the one that would access Paiute Meadows) was open without restrictions. There was a sign stating the road that goes strait into the mountains required a permit. That being said the gates weren't locked and I opened and closed them for access. This was a few years ago so things may have changed by now.
There was also access at Soldier Meadows. I haven't used it in a few years but is worth a check by calling them. That access gets you near Big Mountain as well as Red Mountain. If you're looking to get to Summit Mountain area this won't work.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-15 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]I scouted the north end of 032 in early August in 2008 or 09. And everything ws open. 2 weeks later it was closed through the reservation. The closure cooincided with Burning Man. I just figured they didn't want the traffic and what comes with it.

I received a notice from NDOW in the mail at home, while I was scouting. It changed where I hunted.

So it may depend on when you are going to be there.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom