Super Hunt Results

baerman

IDFG says they notify winners by June 10. Do they simply send out cards, call you, email you???? Assuming since the 10th is on a Sunday that some very lucky hunters will be getting notified today if they have not already.

They call you! They called me on the last day last year! I talked to them today and they though they had until the 15th! I told them that that the web says the 10th! I am pretty sure it is not going to make the calls until next Friday! They did tell me that they did the draw last night!

Abiggerfishtofry-did you end up killing a nice elk last year with your super tag?

Yes i took a nice bull on nov 19th in unit 41! Not a monster but it was a great hunt and made a lot of friend in Idaho!

Yep I know who you are Mentalmidge! You and Ross and one of your friends stayed in my trailer! In Rogerson! Did you draw it agian?

So I take it that they don't call all of the winner the same day.

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.

Yeah that is me. I got the call on Friday and drew deer again. I am so pumped. Thanks for letting me stay with you last year. Hope you get a call again.

You are one lucky SOB Mentalmidge! I am hoping to get the call here soon! I wont lie I sent a poop load on tickets this year in the hope of drawing again!

You drew 3 deer super tags in 3 years?

Sounds like the random drawing has an issue with the fill seed array....

I get to go on a super tag lope hunt my buddy put in 1 chance for all 4 and ended up drawing a lope tag his first time ever putting in (he needs to go get a lotto tticket). Its time to start looking for big speed goats!!!!!!!

Mentalmidge,
I just have to ask, how much coin are you throwing at those tags? I usually toss in around a hundred bucks and just consider it a donation to the F&G with no real hope of drawing. I seem to recall a post by you a couple years ago saying you only plunked down like sixty bucks or something. Three in a row is incredible.....Congrats to you.

And yes I must admit a bit of jealousy.....;)

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

>Yeah that is me. I
>got the call on Friday
>and drew deer again.
>I am so pumped.
>Thanks for letting me stay
>with you last year.
>Hope you get a call
>again.

Out of Curiosity, how many tickets did you buy??

this year I sent the most I ever have. 1k. I figured I saved up that much and after having the tag, you just want it again and again. I am not a rich guy by any means. Really was not expecting to draw.

>this year I sent the most
>I ever have. 1k.
> I figured I saved
>up that much and after
>having the tag, you just
>want it again and again.
> I am not a
>rich guy by any means.
> Really was not expecting
>to draw.

Awesome! Well good for you man!

So, spill the beans man, what units have you all hunted and what did you think was the most fun. Where are you focusing on this year? I understand if you want to keep it to yourself, but it's not like all of us can draw a supertag in the same year or anything. I think we'd all be curious as to your game plan, ESPECIALLY after having it the past two years.

Incredible is all I can say, congrats again and good luck!

Ive had the chance to hunt the past two years in 44,45,40,41,42, 47,54. Honestly it depended on the year as to which hunt was the best two years ago 45 was awesome with the snow and the deer really got pushed in there. Last year is was a hard hunt not as many deer and really had to find them. I got too pickey last year and did not kill a deer. People that went with me thought I was crazy as to some of the deer that I passed on. I killed a 185" deer my first year on the last day of Nov. in 54..

There are some people who spend many multiple thousands and do NOT draw though. Of course not much of a reason to publicize NOT drawing.

I think for some people who have drawn and enjoyed the experience they feel a little like it's a donation after that.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-12 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]BPK is right! I have spent a a poop load of money on tickets and heck I dont really care who knows!!! And if I dont draw this year! well I know the money went to a good thing! Helping with the YES program!

Grats on the tags! It's good to see those looking at the bigger picture being rewarded. Best of luck on your hunts!

>Ive had the chance to hunt
>the past two years in
>44,45,40,41,42, 47,54. Honestly it
>depended on the year as
>to which hunt was the
>best two years ago 45
>was awesome with the snow
>and the deer really got
>pushed in there. Last
>year is was a hard
>hunt not as many deer
>and really had to find
>them. I got too
>pickey last year and did
>not kill a deer.
>People that went with me
>thought I was crazy as
>to some of the deer
>that I passed on.
>I killed a 185" deer
>my first year on the
>last day of Nov. in
>54..

Sound like a lot of fun!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom