supertag?? where to go

D

Droptine25

A buddy of mine has a supertag for deer and really does not know where to begin, I will be on my own hunt pretty much all october and then elk the first nine days of nov. so he is pretty much on his own. I plan on taking him to 44 then 45. for day trips but other than that I think he is pretty much limited as to what areas he knows
thanks
Foster

Go to unit 40. Get up high, unless the snow starts to fly. This is the premier hunt in Idaho. 45 gets all the press. But 40 is a better hunt.

Not to pass judgement, but if a friend of mine had a tag like that, I would help him as much as possible. That is a once and a life time tag. I hope he enjoys the experience. Good luck

Unit 40 in my book is not worth spending much time in. Most of the bucks get killed during the 2 point hunt and few survive to old age. 44 and 45 produce some good bucks every year. Start knocking on doors and see if you can aquire some private land acess.

I had the opportunity to take my boy on a deer hunt in 45 last year on a supertag, and the same boy has an elk supertag this year which we have spent some time in 40 in Sept. Both carry big bucks. Mind the weather and where they will be. If you havn't scouted much then you are counting on luck to find a BIG one, but you can certainly find a shooter if you are willing to walk away from the roads. Amazing how many road hunters there are in these premium areas.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom