Surrendered and reissued Limited Entry tags. Utah

BLACK_PREDATOR

I know of two tags that are going to be surrendered and reissued, I was wondering has anyone ever been on the receiving end of one of these tags?

If you don't know what this is, it's when your name is drawn out, but since you put in for the draw, say back in January (for Utah) Your life circumstances have changed, i.e. you might have passed away, or moved out of state, gone to dental school and can't get back for the hunt, or were busted poaching and had your license revoked,?..etc??Then when you or a relative sends your tag back, the DWR has actually drawn some back up names for each unit, and then they give you a call to give you the lucky news, could be June, July, August, even early Sept. that they call.

I knew a kid that Drew San Juan rifle elk when he was 14, and then 10 years later got a San Juan archery elk tag because it was surrendered.

So there is still hope for some on that dream tag!

Travis

The state called me a couple of years ago about a tag being surrendered to me. It was is July, and I told the DWR I wanted to think about it. I spent a few days scouting the unit and wasn't impressed, so I turned it down. Russ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom