Susanville Buck Wreck

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Some of you Susanville guys may have known about a honker velvet buck that was hanging around hiway 136, right below the truck brake check area on the West side. I had to make the run over to get some needed parts and was held up by the CHP. As traffic slowly passed what i figured a wreck, i saw the buck laying up against the guard rail. He was a DANDY!! I don't believe he was fully developed and didn't get to count points but, IMO, he was/gonna be a shooter anywhere in Kali with long heavy main beams, well outside his ears. Sorry no pic's!

Darn Shame!!!

Joey

Go cut the straps off...it's not to late....:)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

"Go cut the straps off...it's not to late...."

Yeah BS, don't think it didn't occur to me to go back and ask those CHP guys if i could salvage that deer. I did it once before and no regrets. On the return trip back to Chester, it wasn't there.

I spoke to a buddy of mine about that buck this evening. He works for the local telephone co. there and has seen this buck a bunch of times. I asked him how big it was, i didn't get a real good look at it, and he spread his hands out to about 30", said he thought it was only a big 3x3 but wasn't sure. He just said that it was the biggest buck that he knew about over there and there are a lot of bucks in Susanville that never leave the city limits.

Joey

I believe he was hit by a motorcyclist and the driver died and his passenger went tothe hospital. Bad deal all the way around

We had a motorcycle vs deer on the Eastern side, on hwy 395, some days back. Both driver and deer fatal.

Something like 85 REPORTED road killed deer, this calendar year so far. That's just in about a 50 mile stretch of 395 thru Mono county.

Zones X9a and X12.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom