Suzuki Eiger Hunter X

bigcreekmetal

Im wanting to buy a four wheeler but have never owned one although I have rode them around quite a bit, just figure its time to get my own. Anyway I have a friend with a 2007 Suzuki Eiger Hunter X 4wd which has 64 miles on it. It has been garaged and he starts it up once a month just to keep things from settling to much. It has all the accessories and I think its a 400 cc machine. He is asking $3600 for it. From looking around it seems like a pretty decent deal. Does anyone have any experience with this make and model good or bad? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Great no frills machines! I have an '05 and my dad has an '03 and we've never had a minutes trouble with either one. Both are Automatic 4x4's, and yes they're 400 cc's. IMO, they beat the Honda Rancher in every category but looks.

Thanks for the reply foreman. Ranchers are mostly what Ive ridden in the past and I liked them so if its equal or better then Ill be happy.

get a kidney belt.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

My dad bought one the first year they game out to mainly plow his driveway at his new home. It has been a great little machine. I would buy one in a heart beat

They SUCK, but can I get your buddy's phone number? :)

I rode one several times last week, seemed to work just fine.

Thanks for the replys. I drove it this morning and like it pretty good, now I have to keep buttering up my wife for another week or two to get her talked into it.

D13er kidney belt huh? Thanks for the advice, Ill keep that in mind...

Don't let him scare you. The Eiger rides better than a lot of other machines with a straight axle, including Honda and Yamaha.

Honestly how "soft" a ride it is has practically zero bearing on the purchase. It cant be any rougher than riding a horse at a trot, so it will be fine.

My experience with the eiger was 5 years ago. I drew a late manti limited entry elk tag, shot a 6 point down in a hell hole with just over a foot of fresh snow down. I called my brother up, he rented an eiger for us, and brought it up. We got the elk to an old two track. I said, "it's a rental, so lets get our money out of it". We loaded up the eiger with the whole elk and then me and my brother (total of 400 more pounds) jumped on the machine and started climbing out of that hole on the snow covered road. I was skeptical at first, but once we started going, it never slowed down, We hauled alot of weight out on that machine for quite a ways and had NO issues. I went looking for one after the hunt to purchase but couldn't find one for a good deal so I settled for a yamaha kodiak 400 independant front and rear suspension. You can't go wrong with the eiger. I'm still looking for a good deal on one. I like the 400's because they are not too small nor are they too big to where your gas milage suffers.

My opinion, you don't need anything bigger than a 400 as long as it has low range. My dad has a kawasaki brute force 750 and it likes the gas, rides like a horse and is just way overkill on power for what we use them for.

So yes, snag that eiger before it's too late!

Thanks for the input bloodtracker, appreciate it. Its a done deal in my mind. Thats about what I wanted size wise. Im 175 lbs and sure dont need a bigger 4 wheeler than 400cc anyway. Thanks again.

Great ATV. You'll love it.

"Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog." Peter Griffin aka The Family Guy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom