SW General Rifle

Hardway

Very Active Member
I just noticed this season runs through the first week of Nov. Thats an extra week after the B zones close in Ca. Is it just a unlimited tag like the A&B zones in Ca? If so are there wilderness areas in this area I can look into. My old man religiously hunts the marbles outa happy camp and I know this is'nt to far away. Sounds like a good hunt?

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

Elk or Deer?

The deer tag is good anywhere west of the Cascades. You do have to buy the tag before the season opens.

If you're a bow hunter, the late archery blacktail is second to none down there on the Ore/Cali border.

Sorry...Blacktail. I dont bowhunt, but I heard the general rifle tags for the sw area are good till nov 7th or close to that. I was mainly looking for another hunting oppertunity close to home. The tags I get here in Ca end before the 1st of nov and I know how much better it can be just a week or two later.

The dates go to November 7 because they have to push the opener to the first Saturday in October. That area you are referring to is a good area, but don't kid yourself-it's NOT a slam dunk hunt. That area crawls with people that final week and the deer just aren't THAT dumb by that time.

I hear ya....kind of what I was expecting. I just figured since it was within 50 miles or so of where I already hunt I might be able to take more advantage of the migration and pre-rut thats starting. I was also thinking if there was a good wilderness area I could either backpack in afew miles or pack my dads llamas, that usually takes care of the masses.

Back
Top Bottom