Swaro Digiscoping HD VIDEO

bugleboy

Hey all,

I'm purchasing the Swarovski 20-60x65 and the Swarovski DCA adapter.

What camera would you recommend to shoot HD video through this scope/adapter setup?

I've digiscoped in the past and know most of the ins and outs, but would like to know your opinion on which camera i should purchase to shoot HD video. I tried my Sony Handycam SR68 on this setup, but was unable to get rid of the black ring and when I zoomed in, no matter how close the lens was, it would not focus and had poor results. With the black ring, the setup worked great! I tried a canon point-n-shoot and i was able to zoom in and get rid of that black ring.

I'm open to all options of cameras, preferably a smaller point-n-shoot camera, maybe a small camcorder. I want to keep this as compact and lightweight as possible because I will be using it when I pack in a few miles.

I've looked at the Swarovski UCA and am familiar with that type of digiscoping adapter but I don't like the size of it to pack. I would like to stay with the DCA.

Any advice?

Any small point-n-shoot cameras that shoot Full HD 1920 x 1080 with a threaded lens?

Thanks! Any info would be greatly appreciated,

I'm in the exact situation you are. I think the 25-50w eyepiece on the 65m scope will be better for filming through because of the larger field of view. As for what digital camera to get, I'm not sure. Keep me posted what you decide on.

From the research I've done in the past couple days, I think im going to do something like the Tines Up guys do.

http://www.#####.com/scopecam_point__shoot.html

I like their setup and would probably buy it if it had a better camera. I'm going to purchase the Swaro DCA and have my machinist friend make me a threaded ring. Very similar to the TU setup, but better.

Check this out and let me know what you think!...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-11 AT 10:58AM (MST)[p]The URL doesn't work, but go to T I N E S U P .com and go to the TU Store,

bugleboy, before you buy a new camera try this. You can sometimes change the aperture on a camera and get rid of the black ring. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom