Swaro Spotting Scope or Swaro 15X56

medicinebow

I've poste this on the "Optics" forum, but I wanted to hear from the NM contingent.

What would be the better utility purchase to replace my old Nikon spotting scope? A Swarovski spotting scope or the Swarovski 15X56 binoculars?

Thanks for the feedback!!

MBBGH

My vote is for the 15x56. The are great to glass wide open country. Now if you are particular about the size of the animal you are after then the spotting scope would be your choice. I have both, but I tend to use the 15x more than anything. I even tend to leave the 10x42 at home. Some will say they are heavy, sure they weigh a little bit, but in my opinion they are well worth $$ and the weight. By the way are you coming down for the January deer hunt?

Yeah, I'll be down there for the deer hunt. In fact, I'll be down there next week to whack some weeds at our place and get things set up to drag the trailer down. Are you huntin the late archery bull hunt? Give me a call or I'll try and swing by your place and take a peek at your new family addition. I'm gonna try and get out and look around the woods a little while I'm down there.

MBBGH

I have the 15x56 swarovski and Zeiss spotting scope.

I use the 15x56 on tripod ten times more often than the spotting scope. I do use the spotting scope, just not as much.

Deer hunt last week I did use the spotting scope more. Had a nephew with a youth deer tag in big open country. I found the deer with my 10x binocs and then put the spotter to find antlers. In many cases (over a mile or so away) the spotting scope did what I would not be able to do with the 15X binocs.

It is a tough choice because the 15x do close to the same as the 10x binocs I wear. I use them to find animals.
The spotting scope is to check them out close.

It comes down to how you hunt.

Best choice is to get both if that is an option. Pretty tough to do in the same year.

I will be hunting that late hunt and then going to Silver City the next weekend. Let me know the dates when you are coming down and we can try to meet up.

I would be leary of using the 15x for distance with out a tripod.

HAY guys just saw this thread and hears my opinion if you got both use them but if not heres a suggestion get the doulbler for your 15's or 10's its well worth it when your out in the field and don't have a spotter. if you got the time and can set up the spotter and use the binos too your well ahead of the game, cuz you can glass with the binos then when you find something you put the scope one it to really check out your quarry. I know in the back country wieght can be an issue but i fell if your looking for a true trophy you need to scrutinize the animal your stalking the scope is invaulable in that respect. heres a tip i use I get my 10x42 swaros and put them on a tripod or shooting sticks to steady the field of view and your arms don't get as tired trying to hold them up for a long time. I cam sit and glass for a couple of hours at least tryit out and see.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom