Swaroski Doubler????????

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I would like to hear from someone that has used the Swaroski Doubler. I've got 15X56s and a huge spotter. The spotter only gets used from the truck. So do I buy a smaller spotter or a doubler??? The doubler is $450.00 and the spotter I like is $1,200.00. My concern is I'm not sure how the doubler works. Un-screw the lens extension and screw in the doubler??? Doesn't seem very convienent. But packin a second tri-pod isn't either.

Just like to get some input from folks that have used this system.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-09 AT 04:53AM (MST)[p]In theory they are great... but in real world use they fall short. When you double the power, and keep the same objective lens, the physics of optics take over and the performance suffers. With optics you can't get something for nothing... I have never known anyone who had one to really think they were the way to go - just doesn't compare with a good spotting scope. NJS

P.S. Check out the Dual Mount from the Outdoorsman's in Phoenix. It lets you mount your binos and spotting scope on one tripod. Very cool gizmo...

The doubler is a TOTAL waste of money. Too dark and not very clear. Do a search on here. It's been discussed many times and you'll get the same answer from many. I'm surprized that they still make the thing!!!!

I payed the money and got one and if you want one I will sell it too you for half the money. I hate it and nerver take it with me. I would rather pack my heavy spotter and tripod.

I have purchased and returned doubler's twice due to poor visual quality and inconvenience to put it on and off. I too have the 15's and I have a 65mm Swaro spotter. Over 5 years and doing more and more backpacking where the weight matters, I still find that when I am carrying the backpack I bring my 8x SLC's and my spotter.

BTW, I love my 15x'x, and nothing finds game better, but in the end unless I have one of my son't along to carry the second tripod and bino's it just isn't as convenient.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom