Swarovski DCB vs DCA

JeremyKS

Im thinking about buying either a Swarovksi DCB or a DCA. Whats the pros and cons of each and whats the easiest to use? I will be using a point and shoot camera. Any other digiscoping adaptors out there that are better.

If you are using a point and shoot camera you will probably have to use a DCB. the DCA only works with lenses that have the ability to accept a screw on filter, and then only certain sizes of filter threads, the majority of point and shoot cameras do not have that ability. I have used both the DCA and DCB extensively and if you have a camera that will work either way I would suggest the DCA, with the DCA you are letting in less surrounding light, the DCA is more difficult to find objects with but I think it takes a better picture. The DCA works best with an extension rail, the rail comes standard with the DCB.

Be patient digiscoping, it takes some practice. you will probably get frustrated with the vignetting but by changing the zooming you can generally eliminate that problem.

DIYHunt, I have a DCA and have used it some but I'm not familiar with what vignetting is. Please give a definition. Also, will the extension rail work with a video camera? I've always just relied on the threads to hold up my camera. fatrooster.

Fatrooster - Sorry I'm slow getting back with you, I've been on the road.

vignetting technically means distortion on the edges, but with digiscoping it generally refers to the black area in the edge of the picture. if you don't zoom enough your image will be round instead of rectangular, like the lens or the scope, it will leave a black area around the sides, top, and bottom of the round image. if you zoom it will eliminate that problem.

as far as the rail goes, it works great with a lightweight video camera. i use it like this all the time. you still use the threads to attached the camera to the scope, but the rail makes it so you change change the center of gravity. that way you aren't back heavy and the camera will stay where it is when you let go of it after focusing, zooming, etc.

I hope that answered your questions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom