Swarovski EL and Zeiss Victory FL Binos

G

Garion33

Hello all. I am finally going to jump into the high end binos. I have used the Nikon Monarchs 10x42 over the past two years and they will become my back ups. My question is, has anyone dealt with Bear Basin Outfitters? They seem to have reasonable prices and will throw in various items that enhance/protect your purchase. I haven't decided which pair to buy yet, I need to look through them again. The last time I looked, I could not notice much difference at all. Bear Basin also offers 0% financing for 6 mos on both, but the Zeiss comes with the following: "Don't forget ALL Zeiss FL binoculars will also receive a FREE hard case, Binocular suspenders, Zeiss lens cleaning kit, & FREE shipping. Zeiss FL are also eligible for your choice of six months of no nonsense 0% financing OR a $150 gift certificate toward future purchases."

The Swaros come with the following: "El Binoculars
Includes Free $100 Swarovski Hard Case & Free Nakuru Field Bag."

Tough choice between the two, but that's my problem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Garion

Garion, I own three pairs of swaros the E.L.s are well worth the money. I would not use anything but Swarovski. Just my two cents worth. You can't beat the color contrasts and low light viewing.

The problem I see with buying Swarovski's from any retailer is you waited a couple weeks too long because their prices just took a big jump, as did Leica. Bear Basin is good to deal with, but I think you can do better on prices. If you're stuck using their financing, then your options are limited.

If you're going to buy outright, I'd suggest you contact Doug at Camera Land to see what he can do. They deal only in USA warrantied goods and their customer service is great. Give him a call or shoot him an e-mail to get his best price. Here's his info:

[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com
212-753-5128

Bear Basin has great customer service, but if you live in Ca., the taxs will kill you ( over 8% ).
I'll second calling Doug or Joal at Cameraland, I just bought a pair of Leica Ultravids from them. Great price and service. He dosn't put prices on his website, but just call them, and have your CC ready.
Oh, and before you buy, check out the Leicas !

I will tell you 1 think send your Zeiss bino's in for repair and you will wait 3 months or longer
sent your swarovski bilo's in and you will have them in 4 to 6 weeks and if there is a timeframe problem they will get you a loaner pair.
swarovski is my choice

I bought a pair of Swarivski 10X42 ELs and a Swarovski STS 80 spotting scope package. I keep asking myself why I waited so long. They are awsome.

I bought them through Bear Basin and they were great to work with. I called them and asked questions for about 30 minutes and helped me decide on what to get. Everything came in about 4 days . If I ever need anything else I will use them again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom