Swarovski EL Range Binoculars

• Thread starter HardcoreOutdoor
  • Start date
H

HardcoreOutdoor

Swaro just put out a pre SHOT Show introduction of their new, highly anticipated EL Range laser rangefinding binoculars.

I have the links on my site if you are interested or Google it.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I've been waiting for these for a long time. Price will around 2800ish give or take a hundred for the magnification.

From what I can find, all based on what I see online.

The good:
angle compensation
red display
swaro durability

the bad:
button on the wrong side. Again.
Not HD optics. Leica now has their geovid HDs; I thought these would be as well (although the EL optics are superb)
Only 2 year warranty on rangefinder portion

Here's the vid.

and website

http://el-range.swarovskioptik.com/#/experience/en

Have not seen or heard the term "Swarovision" associated with these yet which is key for me but I think I would be very interested in the 8x42s as long as I can use my Outdoorsmans Adaptor system with them.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Wade,
They don't have the swarovision field flatteners or glass. It is the standard EL glass that has been so excellent for so many years. Again, I'm not sure why they didn't go with the HD glass like they have in the new SLCs or the swarovisions. Leica seems to be several years ahead of them in that regard.

I would be interested to see how the range finder works. I used a friends range finder (Swaro) on an oryx hunt and I was not impressed (unlike the binoculars). Too many inconsistent readings...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom