Swarovski exchange?

Tank

About a month ago I received a notice from Swarovski that said they are giving ($700-$900) to get you to upgrade your older Swaro binos to the newer versions. Has anyone else received this notice? What do you think? Any ideas as to why they are doing this?

I read this recently as well, but the offer was more like $900-$1099 for older non HD and non Swarobright EL exchanges.
Maybe what I read was an outdated entry.
If they are offering 7-900 on EL's with retail prices paid for the new stuff?, it's not worth it IMO.
They are doing it because they (and Zeiss, Leica) own the high end market and the markup on new glass is insanely high. They set the market with no recourse for the optics sellers. Mighty Cameraland is a good example. They CANNOT sell new optics reduced from retail prices unless they are "show samples" or demos.

btw...I'm looking for some ELs for my wife for my upcoming bighorn hunt, I'd likely pay more than Swaro is offering depending on the glass.

I'm not looking to sell my slc's, but the offer made me consider it. I got a screaming deal 15 yrs ago and only paid $699 for my glass. I couldn't pass it up at the time, but it was hard to explain to the wife. Now they are trained to find animals, I don't think I could let them go. Probably keep them for the kids, and then upgrade a pair for myself.

They are only offering it on the SLC NEU models in 10x42 and the EL in 8.5 or 10x42.

Your older SLC would not qualify.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom