Swarovski OptikBTX 35x95 Spotting Scope with Eyepiece

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Anyone out there have one of these and willing to talk about pros and cons? Looking for high power binoculars or something like these. Staring through a spotter for long periods of time is really messing with my eyes the older I get. At 35x still need a spotting scope to really zoom in unless they made a spotting scope attachment.
Thanks
Q&A
BTX 35x95 Spotting Scope with Eyepiece

Swarovski OptikBTX 35x95 Spotting Scope with Eyepiece​

I have one with the 115. I really like it, but it’s not a do-all tool. It’s pretty specialized for what it’s good for. I still use a Spotter a lot

Have the btx with the 95. I ditched the 1.7x magnifier as it made the setup bulky and heat waves made it difficult at times. I use the zoom on my phone when I want to see closer.
If you need the eye relief this is the ticket.

They are a game changer IMO. If you glass a lot a long distance, they are awesome. You can glass all day with little eye strain. they take a little bit to get used to. They still have same problem as any spotter with heat waves and they don't replace 12-15X bino's. They are more a specialty tool for long distant glassing. You have to weigh how much you use a spotter compared to glassing with bino's. If you can only do 1 or the other, you will likely get more use out of 15X bino's

It’s worth getting the 1.7 multiplier…..but you won’t use it much…..it is nice to put on when you have something spotted and want a little better look…..

They are a game changer IMO. If you glass a lot a long distance, they are awesome. You can glass all day with little eye strain. they take a little bit to get used to. They still have same problem as any spotter with heat waves and they don't replace 12-15X bino's. They are more a specialty tool for long distant glassing. You have to weigh how much you use a spotter compared to glassing with bino's. If you can only do 1 or the other, you will likely get more use out of 15X bino's
For years I have been using my 10x50 Leicas on a tripod and love them. Then use the spotter to get a better look at spotted game, look out further, and pick apart what I looked at with the 10x50’s more detailed.
Since my original post I saw a video about this system. The combinations you can make are great. Use the 115 for short hikes then switch to a smaller body for longer hikes. Even pack the 40-70x spotter eye piece. Build up all the desired pieces over time.

Thanks again for the input. Those of you that have one of these in 115, what tripod and head do you use (or would use)?

Cons-#1. Heavy. I use it when scouting from my truck. I specifically got it to glass across private land at public land. If i find a biggun i will hike in at public access.
Cons-#2. I find myself using it a lot. Spotting scopes just don't seem to be practical any more even though they are. The BTX will spoil you.
Cons-#3. Things look bigger at 35x with the BTX than thet do with a regular spotter at 60x. I don't understand why and i still do not believe it but its true.
Keeps you questioning your sanity, lol.
Pros#1. Its awesome sitting in a full sized lawn chair for long periods of time glassing. Its just fun.
Pros#2. Eye fatigue is almost nonexistant.

I have two tripods. I use the Outdoorsmans fluid head on the Outdoorsmans large tripod.
My other tripod is a monfretto. Do not remember the model number of my manfretto tripod fluid head. Fatrooster

LIK2HNT, did you get the BTX? Fatrooster
Yes I did. Purchased the 115mm. Going to use it awhile to see if I might want the 1.7 magnifier. Still need to order a hard case. Found what I want, just have not ordered it yet. Only used it a few minutes due to all the rain we have been having. Been really busy on the sunny days. Can’t wait to get a few hours behind it.
Thanks for all the replies.

Yes I did. Purchased the 115mm. Going to use it awhile to see if I might want the 1.7 magnifier. Still need to order a hard case. Found what I want, just have not ordered it yet. Only used it a few minutes due to all the rain we have been having. Been really busy on the sunny days. Can’t wait to get a few hours behind it.
Thanks for all the replies.
The 1.7 is pretty useful IMO. When there is mirage it is not good but I use it often to help judge an animal. I have no problem judging animals just as far as I would with a variable eyepiece spotter. Being able to sit there with both eyes open helps more than increased magnification, IMO. I am using with the 85mm objective.

I’ve got the 95 with a BTX. I used the hell out of it for coues in MX and NV elk this year. Sheep as well. There’s a lot of things I don’t use if for though too. If glassing is under a mile for deer and 2 miles for elk it’s too much magnification. If I had to choose between it and a pair of 15’s and could only have one it would be then 15’s hands down. Between it and a variable spotting scope, I would choose the BTX hands down. I find it more useful to judge game at 35x then a spotter at 50 or 60x. Something about both eyes is better for me personally.

The 1.7 is pretty useful IMO. When there is mirage it is not good but I use it often to help judge an animal. I have no problem judging animals just as far as I would with a variable eyepiece spotter. Being able to sit there with both eyes open helps more than increased magnification, IMO. I am using with the 85mm objective.
Figured I might as well get the 115mm since I will not be packing this thing more than a few hundred yards. That’s what my 62mm Leica spotter is for.

Figured I might as well get the 115mm since I will not be packing this thing more than a few hundred yards. That’s what my 62mm Leica spotter is for.
In good lighting conditions it’s pretty awesome. I watched some bucks at 4.5 miles away with perfect evening sun at my back and I could tell what their frames were (roughly) ie shooter or not. I want to say it’s 50x on the 85mm.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom