swarovski or leica

luvz2hunt

I'm looking to purchase an 80mm spotting scope as I already have a 65mm leica. Just wondering if anyone has looked through both the leica and the swarovski 80mm (20-60) and prefered one over the other?

Optics are pretty close- both are right up there. Where swaro blows everyone else away is in the customer service department. I've had probably 4 pair of leica binos in different flavors and now I run exclusively swaro stuff. They've gone above and beyond for me twice now when my own stupidity jacked up my gear. You'll have a hard time finding somebody with swaro optics who isn't happy every time they use them and every time they call them or deal with them. Go swaro.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

Had a Swaro 80mm and sold it and went to a 65mm. I don't think you go wrong with either one.

Just read an article in Western Hunter mag about the new Swaro modular that you can get with a 95mm objective lens.

Looks and sounds Bad A$$. Especially if you're into Digiscoping.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-12 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]I've been running a Leica Televid 77 for years and it has given me absolutely no reason to want or need anything else.
However, i do use Swaro and Zeiss binos, so i have the best of all worlds.

I've had a pair of Leica 8x42's for 20 yrs.Despite being old and the lenses needing re-polished,they perform just like they did 20 yrs ago.I also own Swaro 15x56 and a Swaro spotter.You can't go wrong with either.I have not dealt with Leica customer service,but my hunting buddy had an issue with his rangefinder once.He sent it in and they sent him a new one post-haste.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom