Swarovski question

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
This belongs in the optics forum but I think I'm more likely to get someone who knows the answer due to more traffic in the general. In January I bought a pair of Swaro's at Cabelas around $2,499.00 but they were having one of their frequent take $150.00 off when you buy over so much. I'm thus not looking for another pair but I've seen online and a friend of mine just bought a new pair from an online store for $1899.00. Does Swarovski do something marketing wise or how do they get the price lower, reconditioned or what ? Just curious but I can't tell any difference between his el's or mine.

Kinda like a Sticker Price on a Truck!

Jack it up,way up!

Then Jack it down a little!:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Swarovski prices far exceeded their value several years ago imo. There used to be a large gap between the quality of the big 3 and other optics brands. The margin of quality difference is much smaller now than it used to be, while the price gap keeps getting bigger.

Swarovski's retail prices have nearly doubled in the last 6 years. No doubt they are top of the line optics. I don't mind spending a lot for quality as long as I'm getting value for my dollar. I just don't like spending extra for the name.

Thanks Dave I will. We could debate as we do whether the big 3 are worth the additional cost I used Vortex Razor's for 2 years the big 3 are better no doubt are they worth what they cost it depends on the individual and how you use binoculars.

Where did your buddy buy his Swavs. If they are grey market then there is no warranty with them. I also used to be a Swarovski dealer and they have strict MAP pricing. Anyone selling below that can have the line pulled from them.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-13 AT 00:47AM (MST)[p]I was at cabelas tonight and I saw the 10x42 el's on sale for $1899 and the 8x42 on sale for $1699. My first thought was swarovski must already have something new getting ready to hit the shelves. But maybe not?

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-13 AT 10:25AM (MST)[p]They are not Swarovision most likely(non HD).

Or they are bargain cave returns.

The other thing is your friend may have bought 15x56 SLC's which MAP at 1899.

Thats the difference.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-13 AT 12:17PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-13
>AT 00:47?AM (MST)

>
>I was at cabelas tonight and
>I saw the 10x42 el's
>on sale for $1899 and
>the 8x42 on sale for
>$1699. My first thought
>was swarovski must already have
>something new getting ready to
>hit the shelves. But
>maybe not?
>
>
>"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."
>

This was their list price for the current Swarovision EL's and HD SLC's?? I didn't see ANY discounts on current models on their website. If they are in the bargain bin, I wouldn't call that "their" price. I would however, consider buying those if you are looking for those models.

To the OP, at $1899 online price, that is the going rate for 15x SLC's. Swarovski does not allow it's retailer's to offer discounts without their approval.

I have noticed that used prices are fairly firm with few buyers right now. I know because I have my 15x's listed with offers at $1500, but not at my asking price of $1700. This is despite their being no used 15x's available that I can find. I figure someone would want to save $200 buck minimum.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom