swarovski spotting scope 65mm or 80mm

P

PhantomLord

I have a 65mm swaro spotter and an wondering if i should get an 80mm,

will it be worth it? I do not take pictures, just hunt, so no HD just which one between the 65 and the 80

I believe the 80 is about 10 ounces heavier than the 65, something to consider if you backpack in. If it is worth $1789 to you to get the last little bit of light and slightly better clarity, then go for it. My personal opinion is that the Swaro 65 you already own is just fine. That would have been my choice if I had not gotten a great deal on the Zeiss 85 for the same price as a Swaro 65. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck,

Garion

Due to the weight and overall size when it goes in my backpack I wish I had purchased the 65 over the 80 and have been thinking of downsizing.

i am really not concerned with the wieght, this 65 is a crapload better then any other scope i have used, but I just feel like it could be that much better if i got an 80mm

any one else? have any help?

I chose the 65 because the pack weight and size was most important to me. My hunting buddy got the 80 because more light transmission was his biggest concern and he seldom packs-in.

It comes down to which is more important to you. I've looked through both and to me the difference in light isn't that much.

Both are great scopes. I ultimately purchased the 80. In my experience, the bigger lens grabs just enough more light to make a modest difference in low light conditions. For glassing in bright sunshine, I don't see any benefit with the 80mm. For the first few or last minutes of the day, there is a difference. Worth the extra $ or weight? I'm not sure.

hey what about feild of view, is it alot bigger with the 80 or is it about the same?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom