Swarovski

dirtygrass

My 15x56 Swarovski broke, the focus screw inside the housing fell out and you can see it in between the lenses. I over nighted them to Swarovski in the hopes that I could get them back before my hunt that starts on 11/13/13. The response I received from customer service was "due to the volume of repairs we will not be able to get your binoculars repaired by 11/12/13", they are back logged 6 weeks. Seems like a large number of repairs for high end optics.

They only have 1 repairman so 6 weeks seems about right to repair the 6 binos that broke! LOL

Where's you hunt? Do you have other binos? Remind us what hunt you have coming up.

Zeke

I dropped my 10x42 once on then kitchen floor and it messed up the diopter adjustment. Sent them in and it took about 6 to 8 weeks to get em back good as new. Crap does happen and people that have optics are using them right now. I would suspect the amount of crap happening to be at the high point for the year right about now. Sorry to hear about your issue, I hope you can find something to use for your hunt(s).

Happened to me about 8 years ago also.

I bought a demo pair. They ended up getting them back to me in 10 days.

They were manufacturer refurbished so I was able to sell them on ebay for almost the same amount.

I may have lost $100 or so. Hate to mess a hunt up over it.

I am bringing a friend on his 4th season deer hunt in CO. Don't get me wrong, I love my Bino's, I have had them for 4 years. I will feel naked without them. I went to Cabelas this weekend and compared them to the 15x56 Vortex, not bad but not Swaro. I am so desperate I thought about buying a new pair and giving my old ones to my son. I have a pair of 8x42 Zeiss but we will be hunting open country where the 15x is huge. I am not pissed at Swaro, just find it funny that it will take 6 weeks to put a screw back in.

Look to rent a pair for a week or so. There are places hat have optics for rent. Cheaper alternative to buying another pair. Lol

There is about 50 years of product on the market and this is right about the time everyone breaks theres. If you broke them in May, you could have them back in 2 weeks.

Try a call to their customer service hotline, another option is to call on of the regional sales managers, they can definately help you out.

Tell them to send a pair of binos to borrow. The money it cost for those things some benefits should be involved

The renting thing is a good idea, not enough time. I could be a d-bag and buy some from Cabelas and them return them, but I can't do that. The rut is going good where we are going so finding deer won't be hard and I have my spotter so I should be able to survive. The whole situation fits well into my year of hunting.
Rifle blew up, horses wouldn't load into my trailer, horse wouldn't walk,outfitter had 20 hunters on the mountain, truck broke down, didn't shoot anything, bino's broke, Ha!

I will say my WY trip with my horses 16 miles in was the best hunting trip I have ever been on. Saw more grizzly and wolf than elk or deer, could have killed three bulls the day before my season opened, never saw another elk. The outfitter was letting his horses run around the mountain free, when we went back up opening day to where we found the elk there were 25 horses/mules in the same meadow. We started moving around and found hunters sitting on every meadow.

One more chance to see something hit the ground.

Swarovski makes some pretty durable stuff! I own the new two piece 95mm scope. Yeah the big sucker. I had my tripod fully extended with the scope six feet off the ground. I turned around for two seconds and the tripod slipped and down went my scope. Falling a good eight feet before slamming directly onto a rock on the eye piece. You can imagine the instant diarrhea as I felt like my heart fell straight out of my butt and was trampled over by a herd of angry buffalo. To my amazement I looked through it and it was perfectly fine.
"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest
have been wasted"

That sucks!
Did your rifle blow up and a piece hit the binos? ok that was not that funny.
sorry, good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom