Sweet!

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Hell ya I'm stoked! Just got back from Icicle Outfitters (Thanks Dale for the info!) and talked to Bruce Wick about a summer job. We agreed that once I graduate (highschool and college) this spring I'll be working for Icicle Outfitters starting Mid June through Nov. 1st! Will start out leading day long trail rides and will hopefully get in on a couple of drop camps, then come September will be working with hunters and doing drop camps. I'm stoked! What a way to spend a summer huh? Get to explore the state on horses and get paid to do it... I know it won't all be a walk in the park but I'm stoked for spring to come!

Michael
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

Congrats! I wish I had done something like that when I was younger, you will love it!

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

Thanks guys! Hopefully this'll turn into something awesome! I only wish I could get paid to go scouting for the Sept. high hunts! lol

Michael
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

You kinda are Michael. Your gonna be ridin' around up there all summer, that's gonna open a whole new door for ya. Make sure you always pack your camera so we can all keep an eye on ya. :)

BTW.....not sure, but I think you sound "stoked!" :)

I wonder if they'll let me pack a spotting scope and my binos... lol Should be able to get some scouting in so that on the weekends I'll be able to hunt during sept. (if I have the weekends off). Should be making $1200-$1300 a month from July-August so that's good and will allow me to save up some money to get me through Christmas and stuff. I still plan on enlisting for the army come January of next year, but that option is always subject to change...

Michael

Pretty cool. When I was 19 I had an opportunity to go play ball in the Alaska league, while working at a fish camp near Yentna that my grandfather fished out of, but chose not to. I regret still that I didn't. Enjoy yourself out there!

D

Michael, I already know that you have a good work ethic, so I bet you will do just fine. Who knows what other doors will open as a result of this job. Very exciting. Congratulations!

"Go at it like you were killing snakes!" LOL! That's what an old guy told me on my first job working on a logging crew!

Best of luck to you, and remember "Safety First!" A lot can go wrong out there.

Steve

Thanks for the nice words fellas! Don't worry, I'll keep a good watch on my horse and myself, not to mention the customers... haha
BTW, anybody signed up for a WA drop camp this year? Just curious as to who I might be able to meet...

Michael

Congrats on a sweet job! One word of advice - stay away from Tackleberry buckles or quick cinches if you can. They are handy for the clients I guess, but if they break or don't work - bye bye saddle and whoever is in it!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom