Swhacker

davtaiv

Has anyone tried the swhacker broadheads? I've seen a few hunting show that have used them and put animals on the ground. Here is a couple youtube likes that show the swhacker in action during testing. I'm sure there is a little bias, even though it is suppose to be independent. Enjoy.

Part one:

Part two:

I have to draw the line somewhere on taking advice about archery equipment from a pro bass fisherman.

Now if I was into catching a bucket mouth id listen to ol Hanky but Id have to limit it to 5 minutes. I just cant stand the way he talks.

ive seen the videos of grim reapers ripping a steel drum to bits and never breaking a blade. I'm sure the makers of the piston point broad head would have video of that pos going through a steel drum as well. So who do you believe?

I go to physics. long tapered heads, cut on contact tips made of steel. Guess what if your bow is tuned properly they will group just as good as your tips out to ethical hunting distances and beyond and they wont fail.

Swhack this comes to mind when I look at that head but that's just me.

Whatever. That kind of logic is why this site sucks. He's just the face they stuck in front of a brand...you think c'mere deer doesn't attract deer because he's a bass fisherman. Dumb. You think Bear bows rock because Primos put their name on it? Nope. Bottom line is you have to try it for yourself because everybody wants a piece of the pie and of they are offered enough money they will swear by it.

Get out, try it for yourself and then decide.

PW

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-11 AT 06:38PM (MST)[p]Pffffffffffffffftt! That is the sound my butt made when I read your post. What a guy isn't entitled to his own opinion. :eek:

The name of the broadhead sounds like a word I would use when I missed a buck of a lifetime. swhack! swhacker!

To each his own Ill stick to cut on contact heads made out of steel. They always go through the drum. They always penetrate deeper when hitting bone. They always fly with my field tips out to at least 80 yards.

No need to try a band-aid fix on my equipment.

So swhack off!! LOL:p

Easy dont take it too personal Im only having some fun. Swhacker!
:p

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-11 AT 06:40PM (MST)[p]davtaiv

in no way was I trying to put you down so I hope it didnt come across to you as I was.

Same goes for you kicker

I never said I like them or I am taking Hank Parkers word. I just wanted anyone to voice in about what they thought of the video and the other mechanical broadheads that didn't hold up, but seem to be popular (i.e. rage, tekan 3, grim reaper, etc). I also agree that there are cut on contact broad heads that fly like field points. To each their own.

I think I would carry one in case I spotted a big steel drum or saw a trophy sized piece of masonite quartering away.
Any attempts to shoot either with my inferior equipment would result in a broadhead malfunction or just glance off....if I could even hit them to start with. I have some friends who are shooting them but I am still waiting for them to hit something so I can see how they perform.

I agree with kicker. When you start dropping +/-ten bucks per head that adds up in a hurry when most hunters would have at least 6 for a season. It has become big business.
If they are any good they will stand the test of time.

Thanks for posting. It keeps things interesting here. Information and shared experiences are what I feel make me a hunter. What kind of bh you are shooting now? Are you looking to change or just wondering what the opinions are on swackers.

I am shooting the slick trick. They fly great, but every once in a while they flew off by about 4-6 inches. I could have been me but it didn't feel good (if that makes any sense). I blew through an pronghorn at 40 yards with the slick trick and it only went 50-60 yards. After seeing the video I wondered if they proved effective in the field. Let me know how they perform when your friends stick one in some flesh or bone.

>I am shooting the slick trick.
> They fly great, but
>every once in a while
>they flew off by about
>4-6 inches.

I highly doubt that was the fault of the broadhead.

The name? You could call it a p.o.s barrel whacker...doesn't mean it doesn't work. Tell me this swJackeyBushman....have you EVER tried the broadhead? One simple question.

PW

That's an interesting head, but I'd never even think of it as it doesn't leave an entry hole. The blades don't deploy until after it goes through the hide. Kind of a crazy idea if you ask me.

On a side note it showed the Tekken deployed before it hit the target every time. What's up with that? Did they not put the o-ring on it?

I'll suggest that these tests are bs and that their design is goofy.

Cheers,
Pete

I wouldnt waste my time there are plenty of proven broadheads out there that are tried and tested...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom