Sydney MT

justr_86

Long Time Member
I going to start the ball rolling on a transfer to Sydney from northeast Utah. What is in the area as far as hunting? Pros and cons to the area? Schools? Real estate? I'm big into archery hunting elk and deer but won't pass on a good rifle hunt. Love to hunt coyotes, pheasants quail and chuckars over my gsp. Just bought a camper. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

There's no mountains over there, but there is everything you listed.
Really the only things you're sacrificing by living over there is being able to hunt elk with a rifle, and being able to hunt bear.
You're also right next to Nodak, which seems to offer some pretty good hunting to non-residents.

I like to archery hunt so the elk thing isn't a big deal. Never hunted bear, don't really care to. Thanks for your help. I'm getting very excited about the move!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

sydney is a long way from anywhere! but if all you want to do is hunt you would enjoy it.

Just for info it is spelled Sidney, I live 52 miles NW of there in the same county. I am up on the Missouri River Breaks part of the county.

Ya I realized I spelled it wrong after I already posted it.

My boss and the big boss there are trying to decide if they need me more in sidney or tioga ND. They both look pretty close on the map. Are the areas very different? I will be going up the first part of march. I promised my boss to get them through 1 more winter here and I don't like to burn bridges.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Sidney
1.) Yellowstone River Valley
2.) Easier tags for residents
3.) More rolling hills and cover out of the valley

Tioga
1.) Semi Flat Farm Land
2.) Starting to get into the pothole region
3.) Most tags on a ND G&F draw
4.) Mostly WIDE OPEN, if you go south u will hit the Missouri
River and Lake Sacajawea, N & E more potholes and some timber
near Powers Lake, ND

Let me know when you get to the area. We could grab a cup of joe!! Never met another MM other the other locals.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom