T/c encore as a first rifle???

J

JDR

My son is embarking on his first deer season this fall and I was thinking as a first rifel the T/C Encore in a good caliber woul be something he could learn and grow with as he gets better and older. What are your thoughts on this? I can start with a 243 and work up calibers as he progresses.

I would think it would make a good choice. I have an Encore (50 cal BP), and have a long list of bbl's I "need". LOL. At a shade over $200 a piece you have a lot of options once you get past the initial cost. Ack! I think they even have youth stocks available.

They do have youth size stocks available. T/C also runs a discount program for certified hunter education instructors where you can buy one gun and unlimited accessories each year at distributor cost! Everyone should volunteer if they can, and there are many companies with similar policies. Nice perk.

I think it would be a great idea, in fact, I have had the same one, but my girl is only 2. My boy isn't even born yet. It may be a little early to buy them their guns...maybe...

HB

Cant be too soon to get the youngins there huntin tools. As far asthe choice I was just askin to get an idea that I was choosin a good gun for him,me and the rest of the family,sister is 1 1/2 years behind him so it will work for both at this stage ,Im hoping.

I think that it would be a great gun choice , my dad just bought a encore b/p in .50 cal and already has a list of a few barrels . The 243 is plenty for deer and antlope , I just think a guy can't go wrong with the encore , I want to get one too...I just bought my little girls first rifle , its a little chipmunk single shot 22 , reading these kind of posts bring back memorys of going out and shooting for the first times with my dad .....NMhuntnutt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom