T/C Encore or Pro Hunter

MNHunter

I'm new to the smokepole game and am looking for a muzzleloader. What is the deal with the Encore and the Pro Hunter? Do you have to buy them in pieces because I cannot find them online with prices (as an assembled gun). Anybody own one? Am I better off getting an Omega or something else?

Thanks in advance

My understanding of the Pro Hunter is that it is new for 06'. I haven't found a full gun on-line yet. I have seen barrels for it on-line, but not the full gun.

But if you go to gunbroker.com, and search there, you will find quite a few Encore muzzleloaders. Search on 209X50 and you will get at least one page. Prices start around $500.

If you can find a Pro Hunter , I'd get it . It has some great features , I really like the buttstock as it reduces recoil in the larger calibers by some 40% . There was an article in one of the gun mags last month on it but I didn't buy it , wished I would have . I think it looks great , but I like that encore look...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-06 AT 01:35PM (MST)[p]
Thanks guys. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Probably save some $$ and just buy an Omega. I just wish the Omega came with a nice walnut stock with SS barrel.

I bought a Pro Hunter today for $697 at Gallensons. Pretty freakin sweet! best feature to me is the 90* turn to remove the breach plug. It has a rotating hammer, recoil absorbing stock, and a couple other great features. I shot 2 regular Encore muzzies yesterday and there is zero blowback (powder residue) into the action. That to me is worth buying one. I ordered a 6mmBR and a 204 barrel for it also.

either that or get a TC hawken or renegade and shoot the same group at 100 yards as the modern boys do.

>either that or get a TC
>hawken or renegade and shoot
>the same group at 100
>yards as the modern boys
>do.

I've heard the old guns shoot pretty good, I just like the ease of cleaning, 209 primer, and the ability to change to any calibur I want besides muzz.

the encore is a verry nice gun but pretty expensive.....its about $600 assembled in a .50 it is really a nice gun the way it shoots with the powerbeltt bullets is unbelieveable

Where the %%$##)!! do some of you guys get your money for guns like the new Pro hunter? I like the comment about "I think I'll "just" get an Omega.......". Whew.....must be nice.........

P.S. You can't go wrong with an Omega.......I'd recommend a stainless barrel vs. the blued one. I've got the laminated stock version and love it........

If you are a certified Hunter Ed. Instructor T/C will sell you one full gun or barrel a year at DISTRIBUTOR pricing. Getcha that ProHunter for about $550, delivered. ;)
HB

"Where the %%$##)!! do some of you guys get your money for guns like the new Pro hunter? I like the comment about "I think I'll "just" get an Omega.......". Whew.....must be nice........."

I have a Cabelas credit card and I run everything I can through it and pay it off when the bill comes. No interest charges and I rack up Cabelas cash. I get about $500 or more a year in free gear at Cabelas. I generally use it to buy guns or optics. Just picked up a Win model 70 .270 ss/wood yesterday with this year's points. Will have to wait till fall for the omega or the pro hunter.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON May-18-06 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]freedivr2-
Some of us live where the cost of living is lower, and I don't really spend money on other hobbies or entertainment. If you figure what some guys drop on beers at the bar, cigarettes, boats, atv's, movies, cruises, going out to eat, etc. it can all add up. I choose to take on side jobs, drive a 105,000 mile truck and bring sack lunch to work everyday so that I can spend some money on guns when I get the itch real bad.

I know that there are some guys that work like dogs just to keep their heads above water, but I guess I am just blessed. I guess that's the answer, a combination of priorities and blessings.

You are a hunter ed. instructor, aren't you? Knight, T/C, Henry, Scent-Lock, Summit, and dozens of other companies will cut you nice discounts in appreciaition for helping to train their future customer base...
HB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom