T/C Omega

Cavalier

I just purchased a new .45 Cal Omega and am looking forward to getting it set up for the fall mule deer hunt. I've read a lot of past post about the "crud ring" and changing to a different printer has helped. All of the post have been about the .50 Cal. I would like to here if the same problem exist in the .45 Cal Omega.

A bad day hunting still beats working!

I think the problem is with the Triple Se7en powder, regardless of caliber. For my load development, I've been cleaning/fouling with one wet patch (both sides), two dry patches (both sides), and one 209-4 primer between shots. After I settle on a final load, I'll see what happens to the second shot down a dirty bore. I'll probably try that American Pioneer Powder next.

Piker,
Are you working up a load for .50 or .45? I will probably start with T7 powder because I already have it and use different primers. Not sure what bullet to start with. Perhaps the T/C Super XR sabots in 180 grain. Although that may be light for mule deer and antelope.

A bad day hunting still beats working!

I'm shooting a .50 Encore. Taking it to CO for elk this year. Their rules force me to use a .50 (no scopes, pellets, or sabots), otherwise I would have preferred a .45. I've noticed FFFG is not as dirty as FFG.

66 Bull

We've never hunted Elk, and my buddy has never even been out west. We have alot of work and preperation ahead of us for this trip. I'll get to poke around the area some in late June or early July.

RE: 66 Bull

I've told you guys before.......to get rid of the 777 crud ring, use Remington .410 shotgun primers. Also Remington Kleenbore primers are supposed to do the trick.....But the .410 primers have worked great for me........

RE: 66 Bull

Aren't the 410 primers no longer available?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom