Tag Access Question

O

okiehunter

Colorado archery GMU 54 is draw only; however last year there were a couple hundred left over tags.

GMU 53 is OTC archery. Both units contain parts of the West Elk Wilderness.
My question is, if I buy a left over tag for 54 can I also cross over into 53 and hunt? The area I want to hunt is along the border between 53 and 54 but I don't want to get cross ways with the law by being where I should not be.

Thanks
Rick Nolan

I suspect 99% the answer is no. Email the DOW with the question.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

No, if one unit is OTC and the other is draw, you are in talking two different tag categories. You will be fined if caught bouncing between the two units.

That's like saying I have a unit 201 tag but I want to hunt 581 (OTC)...
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

No. They are very specific in defining unit boundaries, so it's not possible to be hunting "in between" two units. Get a hold of DOW if you have questions about drainages, boundaries, etc.

Bring a friend with you and have him/her get a tag for the other unit!

Another interesting tidbit with regards to units one that and I would like to know if I am correct on my understanding of the rules.

You can NOT shoot from another unit into your unit. You must have at least one foot in your unit and shoot into your unit to be legal. Is this correct?

What if you are standing in your unit and shoot across another unit and back into your unit (e.g. a bend in a river), is that legal?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom