Tag Soup Blues

MeatMissile

Well my tag soup blues are in full overdrive right now. Friends keep senidng me their kills for the season, and I was greedy for antler size and came out empty handed.

Who else will be singing the tag soup blues for 331 days and 23 hours until next years opener?

That depends on if your talking general tag or LE. Generals are hard but not near as hard to swallow down as a LE tag is, especially here in Utah were you may very well never have the chance to have that tag again in your lifetime.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I'm talking OTC Colorado tag soup blues...They're still pretty bad. I only have 2 pp's so I might as well sing those blues as well.

"don't listen to these fools eating tag soup"

and now you are cry'n the blue's about it.

"if you want some get some...if your bad enough come take some"

OTC tag soup is nothing like 15 year wait tag soup. Trust me. There will be next year on an OTC.

>OTC tag soup is nothing like
>15 year wait tag soup.
>Trust me. There will be
>next year on an OTC.
>

Ouch! What unit did that happen on?

>"don't listen to these fools eating
>tag soup"
>
> and now you are cry'n
>the blue's about it.
>
>"if you want some get some...if
>your bad enough come take
>some"

You must not of read my later response to that. I was just getting those people all hyped up. Everybody jumped on that thread like a band wagon just because somebody posted a picture of their target. Lots of people on this site always wanting to tell other people what to do. I just like to fuel a little fire every now and then. I eat tag soup more often than not, because of the fact that I only take complete double lung shots. But I do not feel the need to sit here and tell everybody us that that's the only shot they're allowed to take. So there you have it MR. KP.... And yes I'm cry'n the blues.

I'm the KING of tag soup! Just too picky I guess. And yes, chalk this year up to more tag soup. fatrooster.

At least you got to go. I burned 10 points for an archery elk tag in Arizona and didn't even get to go because of injury. :(

I had a Wastach LE archery tag. Work got in the way and I only hunted two days. August 26 I had a damn nice 6 point at 27 yds for 7 minutes, and thought "why end it so early I've got plenty of time" Famous last words of a fool man.

I would rather soup it up than shoot some dink. My standards aren't too high, but shooting a rag horn just doesn't do it for me.

I'm warming up to sing the tag soup blues with my Wasatch muzzy tag. I scouted and hunted hard. Had my chances the 1st couple of days, but now I'm struggling to find any elk. I only have 2 more half days to make it happen.

Check your couch cushions for spare change and go hunt some more. I think both UT and ID have OTC elk tags available. No need to start eating that soup yet...

Eaten a bear tag and just a muley tag last weekend.

Still have an elk and another muley tag to fill. Learn what you can from the last one, focus on the next one, that's all you can do.

That said, it tastes like sheeeeeiiiiit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom