Tags

O

OregonBighorn

Assuming you didn't give Oregon the cold shoulder, or in some cases the middle finger, what did you guys put in for? Points? I put in for Northside Bull with a party average of three, Northside Buck with one, Juniper Antelope with 13, and Willamette one deer with seven points. I skipped goat, and I am not eligible for bighorn. Just getting excited even though are herds aren't fairing so well.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

LAST EDITED ON May-27-11 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]I applied for Hart Mountain bow antelope with 14 pp. Beulah rifle elk with 1pp, Santiam 600 series deer with 2pp.

I threw my name into the bighorn sheep and goat draws as well.

"Quitting is not an option!"

Beatty Butte deer 3 points, East beatty antelope 13 points, North Malheur 2 elk 0 points, can't do sheep, but applied for goat to see if I become one of the special guys that can say they have had sheep and goat in Oregon.

Muleyman, which part of Montana? I am going to be working from Idaho Falls up past Dillon this next week. I'll keep an eye out for animals if it helps.... And thats excellent about the kids. I wish my girls were old enough to hunt. I will be taking my five year old deer hunting this year so hopefully I can find something lol.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

My buddy lives in Seeley Lake and will be hunting in September somewhere outside Potomac. There's a ranch near there we have permission to hunt.

In November we go back for the deer rut, we put in for a special draw so I'm not sure quite yet.

Of course any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best of luck to y'all.

muleyman

i am burning my 9 my points on sled springs archery as i am a nr and it would be 15/20+ years to get drawn for one of the big three.

i am partnering up with two other nr hunters who have 5 and 7 points.

i think our chances are pretty good that we draw even as a party.

then i am done with elk in oregon. onto burning my 6 deer points and 11 lope points and then i am done with oregon and will take my money to another state.

this weekend i am heading over to ss for a camping/scouting trip which i would not do unless i felt confident that i would draw the tag. this is money i would not bring to the state of oregon otherwise, add in two more scout trips a long opening weekend hunt and the final 16 day of the season hunt, cost of tags liscence total money spent in Oregon? $2500-$3000???

good luck everyone

I put in for metoulius bow 13 points
warner prong 13 points
sheep I dont remeber but put in .
elk mount emily bow .
got letter on the deer no n.r. tags this year.
elk got the letter no.n.r tags this year.
so prong I have a chance sheep I have a far chance.

My daughter. 3 points apple muzz youth . got the letter no n.r.tags.
prong 3 points dont remeber where.
elk 3 points dont rember where.
sheep so. central
reg. deer draw 3 points klamath muzz. good luck to you guys and gals ,some one has to get the tags , but looks like the outfitters get them this year. but my hunting is filled up this year anyways, tags in 4 states is enuff for me this year . time for killing and grilling

I've decided i'm not going to settle. I'll jump back in next year. may go for a great blacktail hunt instead of waiting for another 7-15 years to get a good mule deer hunt. Elk will probably be a party hunt with the family, pooling our PPs for a decent "just kill a bull" unit and will wait for antelope.

Back
Top Bottom