Taking a Kid Hunting

Rodzilla_v

Just wanted to share with everyone my 2010 WY hunting adventure with my Kid Brother and my Dad. It was my Dad's first Big Game Hunting trip in 15 years and my Kid brother's first trip in the outdoors (only 8 years old), needless to say it was a blast, the joy of taking a kid hunting and hunting as a family. If any of you get a chance to mentor or take a kid hunting (even if its just to bond and learn the outdoors), you will not regret it!!!
-Zilla

1. Drive to WY from Nevada (Passing Elko).
857801.jpg

2. 12 hours of movies and bathroom breaks.
702002.jpg

3. Love the sight of this sign.
495103.jpg

4. Setting up Camp!
72904.jpg

5. Where the heck are we?
244205.jpg

6. We are going to go do what?
935906.jpg

7. Eager to find goats!
509707.jpg

8. Too bad we only had doe tags!
24908.jpg

9. Campfire and smores.
993409.jpg

10. Dinner (forgot the table at home).
729810.jpg

11. Success (Dad's first Big game animal since I had hunted with him as a kid).
554311.jpg

12. Hike back to the Truck.
267112.jpg

13. Dad's second Doe.
495013.jpg

14. My brother had a blast, and told us he could not wait till he was old enough to be able to hunt!
426314.jpg

15. Taking a kid Hunting.. priceless.
339515.jpg

Hope you guys liked the pictures...

-Zilla

That's awesome Zilla. Congrats on a successful hunt and getting your brother out for his first hunt.

Absolutely awesome, pictures and all! That, people , is what it's all about!!! Hoping all have a Happy Easter weekend!!!

Awesome Adventure, Truely that is what it is all about. Experiences, memories to last a lifetime. Thanks for shareing and great pics.

))))......>

Great stuff right there teaching that youngun to pee in the woods. Nice work Dad.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Those pictures tell it all, don't they?

Zilla, congrats on going to the effort to get your dad and brother into the hills - sounds like it was one of those trips that the three of you will always remember. My son is 2 1/2 and I already have April 2013 circled on the calendar for his first hunt (turkey on the Kaibab).

Thanks again for the great post.

that last picture is great. that would look great in black and white blown up and framed

Great pictures, experience and attitude. Amen to all you said.

In addition to my kids, I've taken several kids from my Hunter Ed classes for their first/second deer. It is a great experience.

My just-turned-8-year-old has been on hunting trips since he was 2 1/2 (really). He's shot a coyote, rabbit, rock chuck a BUNCH of ground squirrels and a 4x4 buck. He LOVES to be outside and has gained some glassing skills.....says he and his daddy are the best deer hunters in the world. (Probably not true...but who cares!)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Zilla,

That was so cool, all I could think was, "Hell, I wish I was there"!

My son (now 34) and I will never forget the Montana bear hunt when he was 8 years old! Several days of hunting/travel with just one-on-one time! Oh, we got a sweet brown colored black bear too.... bonus.

Zeke

Those pictures remind me of the first time I took my kid on an out of state hunt when he was 7 years old. That was 16 years ago, and we've sure had a lot of fun together since that time. Niether of us will ever forget that first trip.

Loved the pictures and the write-up, but have to point out that pissing on trees, brush, shrubs, and grasses is highly unethical and may be subject to hefty fines. It is also inconsiderate to others. We should not be teaching our youth that this is ok.

JUST KIDDING - couldn't help myself after Dax's post and all the controversy about tree carvings.

I loved your post and all the pictures (especially the last one) - that really is what it is ALL about!! Great job and it didn't even involve a B&C or P&Y animal - imagine that!

is it a guy thing that we we have pics of ourselves and/or kids peeing on something? What is wrong with us, and more important whats wrong with women for liking us?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom