Taliban hunters

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
Has anyone seen the video of US snipers in afganistan picking taliban off in the cliffs half a mile away??? It's pretty gruesome, but it's really far away so you just see "debris". I believe they are shooting .50 cal, but it does tank-like damage. I have it in e-mail form and can forward it to anyone interested. It is pretty crazy. I also have the "lion" video.
Andy

If it is the same one it is rock chucks. Enlarge your screen and you can cleary see that number 1 and number 4 are rock chucks...Pretty awesome though. Not sure what they are shooting them with, but I have used a .300 Win mag and not gotten that spectacular of results.

Looks like you are right, I just received it today and hadn't looked that close. Seemed like alot of damage even for a .50 cal on a human.

Ok, if anyone wants to see a cool rodent sniper video, let me know.
Andy

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-05 AT 07:17PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-05 AT 07:16?PM (MST)

Not only is it .50 cal it works fine. I think bobcat needs one for his Shoot plane. I hired on one of these Snipers. And Yes not just a 1/2 mile but 1.5 mile. And they don't miss. He not only takes out the taliban. This single shot recoiless Browning! Takes out a convoy all by himself. Shoots the first driver and the last driver. That pins down the convoy. Then they are like sitting ducks. He only has to hit close with the bullets he shoots there is enough shrap metel to take em out. Or say if they are behind a wall it takes out the whole wall. Taliban and all. He said they would set him up days in advance and all he had to do was wait in his crows nest. He had 2 guys packin lead for him 1 packin the barrel and one doing the infered lazor rangefinding and this gun all tricked out with the best money can build scope. They save the brass and reload it. He says the only thing killing that many people screws with your head. He says ya don't want to see what it dose under a couple hundred yards. Says they are like shooting rabbits with a 120 gr hollow point. Says they have diff bullets for different application. Kewl eh I want one for hunting turtles. So I have been told!!!! Makes u wonder.
Rut

is the name of the video "Nasty Meds"?

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

You guys are killing me...

Are you guys serious??

Like earlier stated...those are rock chucks. That video is from a guy I know, who shot that video for a varmint hunting video he sells. Go to http://www.rmvh.com to check out his videos.

I believe that footage is from Varmint Safari II. Some of those shots can actually be downloaded from his site as a preview of the video. I think most of those chucks were shot with a 6rem ai.

If your into varmint hunting, those videos are great. Lot's of prairie dogs, rock chucks and coyotes hitting the dirt.

RE: You guys are killing me...

I am going to make a new post with both videos on it directly. My e-mail took a dump today. sorry
Andy

both videos are on this forum

post called "long distance rodents, not taliban" is the shooting one and "the lion video" is.......the lion one.
Andy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom