Talk me into it.

Dinkshooter

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-06 AT 00:09AM (MST)[p]I just received my Western Hunting and Conservation Expo brochure

So 5 of the 8 testimonials for the Hunt expo are all from Utah, Duh( Why does it seem Utah has such a high percentage of hunter types willing/wanting to make a dollar off of other hunters? Anyway not important right now.)
I figured I would use the unbiased opinions of Utah folks to ensure me this is a solid deal for the hunter/conservationist. If I simply reduce the 200 tags advertised, by the stinky type tags, such as Bear, Cougar and Turkey(?) we are down to 121 tags. Now I enjoy antelope hunting as much as the next guy, but do I really want in on a raffle for those glamorous/coveted Utah antelope tags? Subtract 22 of them and we are down to 99 tags of which only 6 total are for sheep and moose. Now, since it seems every resident of Utah travels to Colorado to hunt Muleys, are the 51 bulls tags enough to make a non-resident travel to Salt Lake? Are these the kinds of odds I should be willing to travel for and compete with all the residents of Utah?

The tier system on the packages seems kind of stinky to me, you try to be cheap and it will sting yah.

Now before you start you're ripping, remember, I am a die hard/moron and will most likely drive the 7 hours to be there AND donate my money. But jeez, put a little more spin on an event will ya.

I WOULDN'T DO IT IF I WERE YOU!!!

THIS IS A LOTTERY!!!

YOU MIGHT AS WELL PUT YOUR MONEY INTO THE POWERBALL LOTTERY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat SUGGESTING YOU SPREAD THE WORD QUIKLY & WIDELY AS POSSIBLE!!!

Wait... they advertise 200 tags for the "public" yet they then use a "tier" system inside to benefit the richer people?

-DallanC

Well I'm sure I increased everyone's odds--mine when straight into the trash--didn't even open it. For a state that doesn't allow gambeling I sure wish someone would explain this one to me.

Shawn

Please stay home it's a terrible deal for everyone. Just another way to give them unethical rich guys more chances.
I'm being a smart-a** of course it will help my odds if you all dont go because it's worth my dime to try for a tag that in the draw system might take me 10+ years to draw. Go ahead and tell me how horrible this is for Joe Blow who somehow gets it in the butt every which way yet the state record typical elk B&C,as well as P&Y both were taken by Joe Blow and Joe Bum. Hows that possible? They must of cheated somehow because I read on this forum everyday how only the rich guys paying finder fees and buying conservation tags have a chance.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom