Taulman in Seligman,AZ

P

PinonPaul

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-04 AT 02:49PM (MST)[p] Looks as if "Hef" has moved his flying circus from Nevada down to Seligman for the Unit 10 rifle hunt. Hef and his guides/ clients have been welcomed with open arms by a local guide named Randy Bryant and his wife. They are eating their meals at Westside Lilo's Cafe in Seligman which is also owned by the Bryant's. I guess it just goes to show that when money is involved some people will stoop to the lowest level. Taulman is driving a red Ford extra cab with NM plates "HUNTUSO". What is wrong with these people? We need some of that good ol' Ely, NV hospitality down this way. I can only hope that AZ hunters will remember Westside Lilo's and Randy Bryant and please do not patronize them in the future.

Can't imagine why anyone would show the man the time of day.

I sure won't.

At least he went home empty handed from NV and with the knowledge of what we think of him here.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-04 AT 04:30PM (MST)[p]I dont want to get into a pissing contest but from a report I got, Georgie and his guides have not received open arms there and also the clients are a bit pissed due to poor elk numbers they are seeing. I dont want Lilo's hurt with rumor. Again, I wasnt there, I was on the Kaibab but when I got back I had an email mentioning that USO and troops werent exactly welcomed, in fact they left in a hurry. Also the email stated that the Seligman boys have had some fun in a bar running Georgie and his crew out. I will follow up with the email to make sure it was fact........... Allen Taylor......

I hope that everyone learns by the example of the Nevadians and treats them like the dirt they are, where ever they go. It would only serve them right.
Maybe if enough people follow suit, the "troops" will jump ship and ol' Georgie will go down in that sinking ship!

a*r
A bad day hunting is better than a Good Day at Work!!

I heard from a friend that George left after the 3rd scuffle in 3 days. From what I heard, he almost got his ass kicked once at a gas station, once at a bar in Seligman, and once in the field.

He'll be filing a law suit next week siting hunter harassment. He'll want all of his and his clients to be reimbursed for their expenses, bonus points reinstated, etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to Arizona George.
Too bad I wasnt there to see it, I missed it by a week. Im glad hospitaility has been spared these guys. We hunt unit 10 every year with clients and by ourselves or friends and family if we get drawn. If I find out for sure that a local biz is helping them We wont be spending $ or bringing $ from out of state into the establishment.
Told ya George, Remember my E-mail?
Bugler

I love it!! I hope that Taulman runs into this everywhere he goes. Hope it runs him into bankruptcy.

MT

Hey guys I am new to this site and was wondering if someone would give me the background on this guy and his outfitting business. Sounds like he has pi##ed alot of people in the southwest off. I am from Montana and was wondering if he guides out of here??? Thanks, John.

JPS just go to the top of this page and search for "taulman" or "uso", then sit back and read for the next 4 hours. My hats off to the boys up in Ely and Seligman that ran this trash out of town.

I went to Ely last Wednesday to buy a rifle. Wish that I could have seen him. Would have loved to add to his strife.
fatrooster.

Now to add a little salt to the wound. I have a good friend (chinochief on this forum) that guided in 10 during the rifle bull hunt. He told me that one of Hef's clients shot a 400" bull up in 10, no thanks to a little airtime I'm sure. Now that hurts!
I was guiding some guys in 8 and there was a HUGE USO camp by us. A bunch of wall tents, 8 I think, the US flag flying overhead and a whole lot of NM plates. I saw one of the guides one morning stuck sideways in the mud. I walked up to them and said, "looks like you boys got some work ahead of you" and I left. Had I known that they'd be there I probably would have made a bunch of F*@K USO signs to put along the road to their camp. A kid that guides for us said that when he went in to take his guides test earlier this fall there was 10 guys in there doing the same to become guides for USO. The lack of integrity those people have is amazing!

Josh Epperson

I was in the Westside Lilos's cafe that nite. When I arrived the employees looked like they had just been robbed. At first I couldnt figure out why everyone was so unfriendyly, but soon realized when Taulman and his clients walked in, they all expected us to have a confrontation. I decided to let it be and find out what really was going on, and thats when I saw Randy Bryants wife greeting Taulman. Later I asked her what Randy was up to, she pointed to Taulmans group and said he was working for them and he had helped them get three bulls. We then discussed a Lion hunt I would like to go on, now I have decided to use someone other than Randy Bryant for this. Next time I am in Seligman I will eat at the other establishments in town, no longer will I patronize Westside Lilo's. I also heard about the fights that had happened in town, I found out that Tommy Martinez/Meat Processer in Seligman refused to do business with USO. They had asked to hang their animals in the walk in and plug in some freezers they had brought with them. Tommy told them to hit the road. Next time your in the Black Cat bar in Seligman ask the bartender if Tommy is there and buy him and his wife a beer, thank him for having the integrity to refuse Taulmans offer.

You guys are so full of chit. I was in Seligman for the late hunt and happened to be staying in the same motel as the USO guides and clients....all 17 hunters. They did NOT get run out of town as some would suggest. They did not frequent the Black Cat Saloon and they were not refused service by some of the establishments.These dedicated guides and clients were on their way to their hunting grounds by 4:30 am after breakfast and coffee. The jealousy on this site is incredible.

A couple of months ago, the rumors were flying around that USO clients received almost all of the additional tags on the second draw. False.... They had 17 hunters total in unit 10.

I sincerely hope all of you who are spreading rumors make a million dollars and kill a B&C animal next year so you can take the heat from a bunch of envious puds.

By the way they only whacked 7 bulls. Most of the clients I talked to were very pleased with their hunts. The only negative response I received was from some loud mouth fat SOB that couldn't walk a half a mile at best. Cheers

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-04 AT 06:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-04 AT 06:44?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-04 AT 06:40?PM (MST)

Posts like the one ShooterNAZ made are the reason that I hardly post here anymore. People should have the facts correct and their head out of their a-- before they go trashing someones good name on a public internet forum. Randy Bryant is a close personal friend of mine and he does NOT work for that piece of @#$% Taulman. I was also guiding hunters on the late 10 bull hunt and hearing this crap is absolutely comical. This ShooterNAZ moron has his information way screwed up or is suffering from a severe case of cranial rectal inversion, more commonly known as HUPA syndrome(Head UP A--) Yes it is true that Tailman and his posse of clowns were patronizing Lilo's but that fact in no way means that Randy works for them. I saw Tailman gassing up in town too, so does that mean that the two older ladies behind the counter are USO guides as well? In fact I just got off the phone with Randy and told him what was happening here. He doesn't have the internet at his house so he can't reply but he is now fully aware of how some idiots are trying to besmudge his name by claiming he is a USO guide. Being a guide myself and having friends making their living guiding too, I know how false rumors can destroy someones reputation. There is nothing worse than to have someone talking @#$% about someone BEHIND THEIR BACK without having all the facts correct. This rumor crap reminds me of friggin' grade school. John Beauchamp(ShooterNAZ) whoever you are Randy has never heard of you or how you got this silly story. You need to lay off the crack, booze, whatever and get your facts straight before you go spreading false rumors on the internet. You are putting your foot way in your trash talking mouth. It's better to keep quiet so people only think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. How would you feel if someone was spreading false garbage like this about YOU on a public internet forum? Randy Bryant DOES NOT guide for USO and you better post a public apology to him on this forum so everyone can see it. Better yet you and Randy should get together so you could apologize to him face to face instead of being an internet coward. It sounds like you live up here in NAZ somewhere so get yourself a ride to Chino Valley and I will personally chauffer you to Randy's house in Seligman to explain yourself. If you want to email me at [email protected] for directions. I will be waiting to tell Randy what your reply is. Moderators, I hope this thread doesn't get removed so Randy can get his apology here for everyone to read. I just wanted to present the TRUTH and keep Randy's name from being rubbed in the dirt by ignorant fools. I hate to see this kind of thing happen to anybody and it's worse when they are a good friend. No one deserves to hear bogus crap about themselves. Thank you very much

David R. Pereda

P.S. USO can kiss my brown behind!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-04 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]I by no means know the whole story. But, do you think the two ladies in the gas station knew or care about the lawsuit. Your friend, obviously is aware of the current conflict. He may not have guided for Taulman. But providing him and his outfit with meals, lodging, or sanctuary is not within your "USO can kiss my brown behind" philosophy.

My name is Brenda Bryant and I help my mom run Westside Lilo's in Seligman. My mother Lilo is the owner and has been a resident of Seligman since 1961. It is unfortunate that such a smear to our business has been made by someone who doesn't even speak the truth. We work very hard to make our business a success and appreciate all our customers. In response to Randy Bryant being involved with USO is totally false, in response to me saying that he was working for them and he helped them get 3 bulls is also a bold faced lie. Sir, please stop spreading these totally false comments and if you would care to have a conversation with me, please feel free to contact me in Seligman at Westside Lilo's.

As for those individuals that continue to patronize our business because they want a good meal, good service, in a clean establishment, we appreciate you. We don't draw sides at our place and we welcome all. It's just a shame that people can spread such vicious rumors, yet won't even own up to them.

Thank you, Brenda Bryant

P.S. My name is Nancy Echeverria, the older sister who has internet service and has posted this letter from Brenda. I find it appalling that such inaccurate things can be spread, we are a hard working family and are proud of what we have accomplished at Westside Lilo's. It's just a shame that Randy and Brenda are being put thru the mudd, they are honest and just want to make a decent living in NAZ..................

Brenda, your meals were awesome and your waitresses were excellent. Say hello to Erika.

Right on Brenda! Glad to see you post what the real truth is. Thanks for telling it the way it is.

Josh Epperson

Chino Chief,
I was not the one who first posted this message. So if you like you should contact them and ask for an apology. The statements were not made as a personal attack on anyone particular I was just commenting on what happpened while I was there last Monday nite and how I felt about the situation. I am disappointed that anyone would welcome USO but just like everyone else in this world they need to make a living. As for an apology to Randy from me personally, I would like to say this, I have known of his reputation as a very good guide and would think anyone who booked a hunt with him would be satisfied with the results. Randy if what I posted offended you, I am sorry, but this is what your wife told our table when we asked what you were up to, there were three other people at the table besides me.
Why didnt anyone take up this fight with whomever posted the first message? Seems like all of this fell onto me for some reason. There has been a lot of talk about this same subject over on bowsite. You know this whole thing with Taulman, and the tag allocation has got all of the hunters against one another. I guess we have all played into the mess.

Ever hear "thou dost protest too much"? I have no dog in this fight but someone is obviously lying right out. I hate Taulman for what he has done to hunting. Saying you hate him then going for the bucks is the true mark of a coward. Nothing new as history proves if there is a buck to be made there will be red blooded Americans lining up to take every bit of a resource until it is gone just like the buffalo and the elk. Time will prove the Seligman story out one way or another as that stuff never stays quiet. If Randy and the restaurant have been wrongly accused then they deserve an apology and extra support from the hunting community. If they did support USO then they will soon find out the true cost of short term greed. JMHO.

ShooterNAZ, thank you very much for acting like a man and replying. I singled you out because your post clearly said that Randy was a USO guide. You probably just misunderstood Brenda that night and that is all. You are right, this USO thing has got hunters into a real mess. Thank you for your apology. If you are ever in Chino Valley look me up. Take care,

David R. Pereda

Hey Ace, Artimus Bogardus? What the hell is that? If that is your real name than that is a tough break. If it isn't, is that the best you could come up with? Good Grief! You were the only one to notice an anal reference and twist it into one of your perversions. Were you drooling over it or something? Is that what you are really interested in? You are really freaking me out here. You seem to know that I spend a lot of time in the woods, what are you some sick stalker or something? "Supposed guide like I claim to be?" So are you calling me a liar now too? I do not support this court decision. If I could I would over turn it in a second. Self centered egotistical guide? Hmmm... stating the fact that rumors can destroy a guides reputation makes me a self centered egotistical guide? Maybe you should take some elementary courses in reading comprehension. What does that T-shirt say? Lack of sex causes blindness? That must be what you are afflicted with. I am sure you could find a center for mentally challenged people near you. You should also consider getting some therapy for your sexual perversions. You know what, we should just meet here soon and handle this ourselves. You seem to live in AZ so the drive shouldn't be too long. Please reply soon. Thanks,

David R. Pereda

chinochief,

You need to relax. Your acting like a five year old kid. Grow up everybody has a right to there opinion. And if it is true, these people helping uso for a few dollars. Mark my words I'm going to be telling everyone not to support them like we have in the past.

p.s. Its never to late to come out of the closet, or your case the forest

Sounds like a "he said/she said" kinda thing.

HE SAID: "Later I asked her what Randy was up to, she pointed to Taulmans group and said he was working for them and he had helped them get three bulls."

SHE SAID: "In response to Randy Bryant being involved with USO is totally false, in response to me saying that he was working for them and he helped them get 3 bulls is also a bold faced lie."

yep, that would be it alright.

Hello!! Has anyone read "Rules for this message board/chatroom?" Does anyone affiliated with this topic on this web site even actually know the Bryants? or the owners of Westside Lilo's? Aside from Mrs. Bryant herself or the other gentleman who is personal friends with Randy, I can honestly say; none of you seem to know them at all, making all of the things said here "null & void" mute ect.. Because if any of you did #1 you would know that Westside Lilo's was founded, built and run by the most respectable, honest, forthright and honorable person I have ever had the blessing to meet! As for her daughter Brenda Bryant? she is faithful, strong in character and honest, she works harder than 3 grown men could. She will always treat you fair. Now we come to Randy Bryant the man in question! This is where the "proof" of what you say is really not knowing the person you are talking SMACK about. Because here is a man who is incredibly talented in his craft of guiding. He is respectful and full of integrity in any and all things he is involved in, as for someone saying they would not hunt with him? He would be lucky not to have you..your loss! And if you are ever lucky enough to become his friend you should feel honored! I know I do ! So, before any of you waste anymore time on making false claims or accusations about someone, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO KNOW THEM !! Thank you for your time, good hunting to all. KR

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-04 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]Everyone has nice things to say about Lilos restraunt, and that is real nice. But if $hit(Taulman) comes in and eats at your restraunt, then you have a Shity restraunt. Some one posted above that, "we dont take sides". Well that means you are in the middle of the road, and people in the middle of the road usally get run over....

I do not know any of the facts, nor do the Bryants have to worry about my business, as I am not from Northern AZ. Many high profile hunting companies used to sponsor USO, all it took was a message saying they were wrong, or do not approve of the lawsuit, and they will never do business again with this character (no matter how long it took). And guess what, many of these companies gained support, lifelong support for standing up for what is right. I do not know if this upstanding family business lent support to USO, but a committment to not lend future support is the best thing to hurt USO. In my opinion, you are either for resident Western hunter rights, or for big Eastern money (USO). And there is no in between!

Good idea, Will the owners of the restraunt make a public statement that they do NOT support the actions of USO. This should clear up the issue with Arizona Hunters and maybe they can earn their business back. I know I have read similar topics on several other sites about Lilios Restraunt, so I am sure there many who are now boycotting the restraunt.

Make the public statement that you are behind Arizona Hunters, and NOT behind the Taulman money machine....

I believe the owners of the restaurant made it clear when they said, ?We don't draw sides at our place and we welcome all?. If Bill Jordan (Realtree) or any of the other sponsors of USO would have made this claim, everyone here would still be boycotting them and sending them nasty emails. Why should this business be any different? Obviously the restaurant does not care how USO is making the money as long as Lilo?s gets their share. Brenda obviously knows who USO is because she is denying any involvment between Randy and Taulman. I cannot blame a small business like Lilo's, which is struggling to operate in a depressed town like Seligman by catering to USO, but do not patronize Arizona hunters by denying associations or making excuses like "We don't draw sides at our place and we welcome all".

It's amazing to me that some of you actually bring innocent hard working people into your petty pissing match with USO. They have a friggin restaurant for chri$t sakes, it doesn't make a dang bit of difference if george eats there or not. What the he!! does serving bacon and eggs have to do with non resident quotas or wether USO has clients to guide?
I don't see you boycotting the fish and game dept because they sold george a license. Looks like you pick and choose who to boycot. You talk about a boycot of gas stations cause they sell him gas, a restaurant cause they serve him food, companies that advertise on his tv show, put you money where your mouth is and don't buy a license or tags.

I agree that the restaurant would serve anyone but the question is was the guy actually working for Taulman. If he was then that would be an issue with me and I can decide who I support and who I don't regardless of other peoples opinions. Lot of blustery defense of the guy but nothing really but hearsay on both sides of this. I will pitch in if they decide to have a polygraph done by the guide and his buddy about whether they have worked for USO.If they did then I doubt too many will support them, if they didn't we all need to drive up and eat at that restaurant. Only way I can see cutting through this BS.

To keep from possibly putting your foot in your mouth, why don't you just call Randy Bryant. His number is in his ad in the arizona regs. I am sure he will tell you. Then you can decide if you are going to release Barrabbas or crucify him.

Glen,
Barrabas was the prisoner chosen to be released (as tradition) instead of Jesus, as a result, the crucifiction. It's all in the Bible.

Not sure what regs antler girl is reading but it makes sense to me. Maybe a little reg reading and a phone call will give new life to some and end this sick thread.

Man this has gotten way out of hand. Randy is good people and shouldn't have to defend his actions on this forum or anywhere else for that matter. If Brenda (his wife) says he didn't have anything to do with USO then that should be the end of it. Why some of you continue to believe heresay and not the actual truth, as it has been spoken strait from the horse's mouth, is way beyond me. Don't you naysayers have anything else to do other than badmouth a guy who'd rather be running his dogs or glassing elk than defending himself here on this forum to a bunch of yahoos?

To some this issue may be petty, but to many Arizona sportsmen,including me,this Taulman issue hits real close to home.

I know John Beauchamp personally and have no reason to doubt what he said he heard. I'm sure John will be glad to tell us who the others were that heard the statement.

This statement is not meant to beat up on Mrs. Bryant or demean Randy in any way. But something did happen, and Taulman was there, we just need to get to the bottom of it.

As one member of the Board of Directors for the Mohave Sportsman Club in Kingman, I can tell you that our group has no use for George.

I can assure you all I am going to check on this matter as the club is planning our annual Antelope Eaters coyote suppression hunt in March, and in the past, we have used Lilo's as our "offical" eating place.

George has stirred up a mess in Arizona, and its going to be a while before it winds down.

Sportsmen need to stand united in common causes, not fight against each other.

However, those that choose to "Play with the Devil" should be ready to get spurned by most Arizona sportsman. Taulman's actions has hurt wildlife in Arizona. And wildlife, is something that we as Arizona residents and conservationists are very concerned about

Don Martin

Baitfish-I know and was just trying to lighten this pissing match up a bit. Like I said before the truth will come out in the next few weeks as locals talk who either saw the USO group and the guides together or not. Just wait and heap your anger on the right people at the right time. As far as threatening and whipping people who are mad at USO and are after those that support them, you all better get over that.This is serious business to a lot of serious people and there will be hell to pay for those who are found supporting Taulman. If I made my money from the hunting community I would not even speak to the guy on the phone. JMO.

I spoke with Randy Epperson today and he said he talked with Randy Bryant about the issue. Mr. Bryant told Mr. Epperson he did not guide for USO. I have left a message on Mr. Bryant's cell requesting he call me. I am also trying to contact Mr. Beauchamp to hear first hand what he saw/heard.

Rest assured we'll get to the bottom of this....

Don Martin

Hey guys. I spoke with Randy Bryant tonight and he states that neither he nor his wife are assocaited with USO. He doesn't know where all the stuff started about hiom wortking for USO but he flatly denies it.

So, unless someone can give me absolute definitive proof otherwise, I'm going with the fact that he doesn't work for those guys.

I will advise the Mohave Sportsman Club Board of Directors what I've learned, and suggest that West Lilo's still be our OFFICIAL eatery for Antelope Eaters.

If someone has proof otherwise, call me or send me an e-mail and we'll chat about it.

This subject is over for us...

Don Martin

My whole reason for post #2 was to attempt to not let heresay and rumor hurt lilo's. It looks like Don M. took the next step and spoke with Randy. I know all of us are passionate about AZ and the wildlife. We are all pissed at USO....we also need to not let our emotions hurt bystanders while we attempt to right the wrongs we see that this USO 9th circuit ruling has caused...... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

anything that keeps folks stirred up against uso is basically ok, as far as i'm concerned. sounds like maybe some innocent folks might o' got slandered a little. oh well. but it also sounds like there is a tie between those possibly slandered and uso. just goes to show how far this whole uso mess has run and how little others mean to taulman. the guy is a creep. anyone who works for him is a creep. anyone who does any business with him is a creep. while up pokin' around in u1 and 27 on the late bull hunts i intentionally tried to bump into any uso guide or client. couldn't find one. don't know where they hid, but they weren't in their usual places. might have been a few incognito in the local hotels and eatin' places, but i couldn't find any and it was well known that i was there and lookin' for a fight. the way i look at it, if someone who has totally clean hands gets screwed a little by this, i guess it's too bad. go on from there and learn from it. but the reason that folks are pissed is because what taulman has done hurts. real pain. folks are injured over this mess. and we can't forget it, ever. to hell with forgive and forget. everyone in the west best keep up the fight until he's gone. i ain't about to let taulman dictate how i live. if folks don't want to be associated with him, then they best make damn sure that they ain't. in any way. he comes to Az. for a few weeks a year and spreads around a few bucks. businesses need to ask theirselves if it's worth it. a couple weeks of some extra money versus the rest o' the year? do the math. if lilos and randy bryant are clean, then it's too bad. but if there was a uso dollar that changed hands, that's a different story. i don't know anyone mentioned here, but i know i'm sick from what uso did to Az. residents and from what they're gonna do to the west if they can. folks best decide what side they're on and get the hell away from the fence so they don't hit accidently because this is a fight and a fight that folks best be ready to slug it out over, figuratively or actually. that's my view.

RLH, That could possibly be the most stupid post that has been posted on any forum about USO. Screw the people making a living and having a business open for your convenince as long as you get a tag! I hope George gets your tag and sells it to a non-res.

RLH, right on brother! The lesson to be learned here is this. Small businesses have every right to cater to whoever they want. As somebody above said, there is no question Taulman was in there regularly. The difference between Lilo's and the old lady selling gas is that the folks that own the restaurant are GUIDES, and they KNEW who Taulman was and what he has done to Arizona. I think that if Lilo's would have thrown Georgie boy and his girls out on their asses, they would have had lifetime support from AZ hunters. I know would have driven there as often as possible just to support them if they would have done that, but unfortunately they chose not to. YES they have a right to earn a living and sell to whoever they want, and YES we have a right to shun those businesses who provide aid and comfort to trash like Taulman. End of story. If you naysayers from out of state think it's petty, too bad. Go look at pictures in the photo gallery. But don't come whining to us when your hunting gets ruined by Taulman.

hey draftgelding, i don't know of one damn business that is open for my convenience. they're open to make money. every one of em and i don't have to do business with any of em if i don't want to. should i spend my cash at a business that flies a commie flag or has pro-al quida posters in the windows, just because they're open for my convenience? hell no, and i ain't gonna support anyone that supports uso. screw you and screw uso. and screw anyone that caters to em. i'll do business with who i want for whatever reasons i want. if these folks are innocent, fine. if they ain't screw em. if you're too stupid to understand what i'm trying to say, i guess i can't help ya. main point i was trying make was show how taulman has got us, Az. residents, fighting with each other over the whole deal. and he doesn't care who gets hurt or slandered or loses business or whatever, as long as he can get a few more tags to sell to rich clients. his entire outfit is sorry and yellow. he screws his clients, his guides, everyone involved with him and hides behind his lawyers for protection. i hope the pig loses everything he's got and has to go back to pushin' pills at a walgreens. but there is always someone dumb enough, like you, to take the last guy's place that got screwed and told taulman to go to hell. if someone wants to dance with the devil, then they hafta pay fiddler. not me. that dirty sob has got this whole state messed up and all he does is show up for a day or two, throw around a few bucks and then leave. and anyone with a low enough shame level and little enough pride to bend over to pick up his few dollars can keep it, but i hope it's the last dollars they ever get. it's a long time till next elk season.

RLH keep up the fight. I'm a lifelong resident and hunter in Az and we need to let everyone know what the idiots at USO did to our state and are planning on doing to every other state. Anybody, and I do mean anybody who KNOWINGLY makes a dime off these bast**ds needs to know that they will pay for it in the long run. Private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, government (like AZGF) does not. This restaurant admitted to knowing who these guys were and still catered to them. In the restaurant business, if you serve a good meal, customers might tell one or two others, if you serve a bad meal, they will tell everyone. In this case the restaurant served bad people, so they better be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Im gonna weigh in justa little as if it matters.
Personally if I owned a business in a town like Seligman where the hunting community brings in a little $, And being who I am, I would have refused to serve them, albeit politely and with explanation, JUST so they understood clearly the reasons for it. I also would expect some type of backlash if id didnt do things in some type of similiar fashion. This is bad for us all that is obvious, I wasn't there and I don't know any of the people involved in the argument over who did what. Until there is positive proof I won't be passing any judgement, because in the past I have jumped and been wrong. I would hope that any Arizona hunter would politely refuse service to these people, boycott in reverse I guess. But as I told George I hope there is some way we can break it off in his arse, and send him packing along with his seventeen indictments. Just added that for good measure.
Bugler

Bugler said:

"Until there is positive proof I won't be passing any judgement, because in the past I have jumped and been wrong."

chinochief said:

"Yes it is true that Tailman and his posse of clowns were patronizing Lilo's..."

Sounds like proof to me.

Still waiting for a public statement from Lilos saying that they "do not support USO"

If they really dont have anything to do with USO, then this should be a no brainer...

Hey guys:

I won't pretend to speak for Randy or his wife, ( I don't know either one personally) but I spoke with Randy and he assured me that they don't and won't support USO!

Now, there is no question that they did serve him, and if you think that alone warrants chastising him or boycotting Lilos, well that's your choice. It is a free country after all.

However, I suspect that is much easier for some to say "Yes" to boycotting them since you don't have a small business in a small town like Seligman, where every dollar counts.

I for one, will NOT boycott them just because Georgie and his gang decided they have the best food in the country (they are right about that, though!)

Do I wish Randy and his wife had the economic strength to politely tell them they aren't welcome in their establishment? You bet, but until someone else ponys up enough money to allow them to do so, I think they ought to get a break.

Lilos is one of the very few businesses that openly support sportsmen. Each year at our Antelope Eaters coyote suppression hunt in March they have a banner out front for all to see that says "Welcome coyote hunters" How many other businesses you know that has the "nuts" to put that outside for the world to see? How much business do they lose because they do that? A bunch I would say.

If I thought for a minute they supported USO or worked for George I would be right there saying "if you sleep with the devil, prepare for the heat."

But I don't see definitive evidence of that, and I won't blame them for taking his money for a service that they offer to the public. You may feel different, that's ok, but remember, its still America.

Just my 2 cents...

Don Martin

I am totally fine if they let Taulman eat at their restraunt, just along long as they spit or put some kind of crap in their food.

Don,
Your points are valid. However, hunters are a strange group. Strangely stubborn, and strangely loyal. I think that if word spread that they had refused to serve USO, they would have had the best free advertising they could dream of, and the jump in business would have eclipsed any short-term gains they made from Taulman those few weeks. Guys like me would drive 50 miles out of the way to support a business that has our long-term interests in mind. I'm glad to hear they are so hunter friendly. I wish more businesses were like that. But it just doesn't sit right with me that an openly hunter-friendly establishment would do anything for Taulman. Every hunter will have to make up his own mind about that.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-04 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]This is great.. Just like a movie... The three B's
Babes- the waitress
Bullets- the hunters
Blood - the Dead elk...
this has everything... Love, Hate, and a little misunderstanding....

I am on my second bag of popcorn... Jeez and just think I was worried because the girlfriend is out of town...

j-dawg
:)

GST,
You are 100% correct, if they come out and say they do NOT support USO in any way, and that USO is NOT welcome in their restraunt, I think Hunters here in AZ would reward them 10 fold. I dont know Randy or his wife and am not making any judgements against them. But looking on from the outside, by NOT publicly coming out against USO, it kind of looks fishy.

Just like GW said you are either with us(AZ hunters) or against us....You cant be in the middle of the road.

They don't have any internet service or a computer so I doubt if you will see anything in re to a reply, public or non public. Brenda's sister already stated that on this site.
(or whatever she is to Brenda)
I will keep on supporting them and eating there when in the area. I would imagine that next year their thinking might be a little different re USO but that is their business, not mine.
AG

Would someone please tell me HOW and WHY the Taulman ruling is going to effect the prices for a license and tag? If their are going to be more non resident hunters wont the Fish and Game coffers be a bit healthier??

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-04 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]From your previous posts I'd bet your affiliated or hired USO, but you'd be wise to deny that around here. Here is how it will effect non resident prices. First of all it is not a secret that there is far less supply for good tags than there is demand. Now in an "effort" to protect resident hunting opportunities, the wildlife agencies will attemt to "penalize" non residents. In theory this will reduce the number of non resident applications. In reality it just prices the average sportsman out of applying. It is a win win for USO. Their wealthy clients get better draw odds (they do not have to compete against as many hunters of avg. means), And the non residents that draw tags will be more likely to use an outfitter because they are wealthier. You didn't see USO arguing that charging non residents higher prices was dicriminating against them. Like it has been said before its all about $. Save the supply and demand argument, unless you like England (whose parliment just outlawed fox hunting). When hunting becomes only a rich man's sport, it will lose its widespread support, and soon after be outlawed.

COSA:

You hit it on the head. This is about saving our wildlife resource and at the same time having a fair and equitable distribution of tags for non-residents (not exclosure).

Taulman and USO are about MONEY, not the resource, which he doesn't give a damn about. He made that clear in his argument in the 9th Circuit. Even said that...

Unfortunately, raising these prices is only gonna penalize the blue collar guy, not Taulman's client base, who will pay whatever just to hunt in Arizona.

George keeps raking in the money, and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Guys that work for him ought to reconsider though, as if he can't find guides to carry out his bidding, then's he's done.

Yep, wouldn't want it known that I worked for USO, bet those guys that do always look over their shoulders....

Don Martin

That right, I'am not affiliated with USO or GT. Rip me a new arse hole with these comments if you so desire. I'am thicked skinned enough to handle it....... Does anyone know what percentage of repeat hunters USO has? My thought is that it's pretty small due to the fact that there is a hell of alot of hunters out here that scrimp and save to hire an outfitter once or twice in their life time. $3,450.00 for a elk or sheep hunt seems pretty reasonable to me if your lucky enough to draw the permit. Seems to me, (as many of you have alluded) if only the rich non residents can afford to apply for the limited permits, then,the residents of AZ would have a higher success rate of drawing if that is the case. Is that fuzzy math or what?? Damn their can't be that many so called rich guys applying for the premium permits in AZ. Would you say that a very high percentage of successful non resident applicants would hire someone else besides USO? USO had 17 nimrods in unit 10. 17 out of about 400 permits! What is the definitons of rich non residents?

I guess I just dont get it. But, after some careful thought I think I wont buy me a new Ford pickup because Taulman has one. Ford Motors sucks for selling Taulman a new pickup. I might as well boycott Chevron stations and mini mart for selling fuel and goods to USO. And while I'am at it I think I'll stop buying those Wranglers. Darn butt is getting too big anyway. Ole Hef looks pretty good in them. I bet he works out often.

Hey shedhunter2
You seem so concerned about Lilo's supporting uso. Why don't you call them and find out first hand. Mr Martin did and he no longer has a problem. We can then let Lilo off and focus our energy on getting rid of uso. I agree with starting on the guides these are the ones making the living. They need to know that it is a small world and working for uso will come out of their pasts sooner or later.

Jamaro you are freakin hilarious, your popcorn comment killed me!

I personally ate lunch on Thursday at Lilos and it was delicious. I sat with Randy and I got his side of the story, which all of you naysayers should also get. His number has been cleary posted but most of you are to chicken s@!t to call the man cause it's easier to sit behind a keyboard and talk trash than to man up. Most of you guys commenting on here have legitamite gripes but you really owe the man and the establishment a chance to hear Randy's version. I personally feel if he had a computer and internet access and gave all of us side that no matter what he says that most of you will still be on the "BAN LILO'S" bandwagon.
Like recently posted, quit worrying about Randy Bryant and lets get to the MOFO's that guide for that steaming pile of excrement and learn them a thing or two.

Josh

>lets get to the MOFO's that guide for that steaming pile of
>excrement and learn them a thing or two.

OK lets get to work on that. Please list the MOFOs that worked for him.

I personally don't know one. I know that the camp in unit 8 that was by us, most all the trucks had NM plates.

Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom