Tax Code is too complicated

NeMont

Long Time Member
I got to thinking that perhaps all these nominees of Obama's who have tax problems are examples of how convoluted and complicated the tax code is.

I mean, if a guy with the financial background of Geithner cannot figure them out and Daschle who helped write a lot of the code cannot get it right what chance do we have.

Now Nancy Killefer, Obama's nominee for the "Performance czar" (whatever that is) has withdrawn because of a tax problem. Maybe the problem is the burden placed on business and individuals by government. Maybe there are just to many regulations on people to ever get 100% compliance.

It makes me wonder what I have missed in my own business. I guess that is why I have an accountant and they certify my tax return for both my business and my individual return. Although I have never found to be short $128,000 or even $38,000, I cannot guarantee that I have been 100% accurate in ALL my reporting and filing and paperwork.

Nemont

Too many jobs depend on a complicated tax system, if you think unemployment is high now imagine what it would be all those CPA's, lawyers and IRS emplyees were laid off.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 09:15AM (MST)[p]

If that is the case then how come you think it is okay to throw guys like me out of work by having a single payer health care system?

The health insurance industry employs far more people, including Attorneys and CPA's, then the tax industry does.

Nemont

the problem is our complicated health care system is throwing our whole country out of work. The tax code is too complicated, but a flat tax would be a disaster

Nemont you need to work on your sense of humor, actually I think we could get rid of all of you.

just kidding.

Piper,

Do you have any actual evidence that says the health care industry is throwing everyone out of work or are you just making things up because you dislike the industry?

Health Care spending is about 17% of GDP, LOTS and LOTS of people make their living in the health care sector. Even Tom Daschle made his living just talking to the Health Care industry. So explain how the industry is throwing people out of work.

I am curious what you do for a living.

Nemont

Our tax system is voluntary until you get caught or until you snag a key cabinet position in the O'Bummer administration. Good thing is these crooks will now pay their taxes (the ones that make it through the process)The ones that get booted can now go back to their status as a tax dodging member of the liberl elite.

Yes the IRS doesn't even need to audit republicans , they over pay just to make sure they're doing the right thing.

All a bunch of honest Abes like Tom Delay.

Nemont- I just figure that that since health care is so costly in this country, that it helps make us uncompetitive in the global economy, you could employ a lot of nurses and P.A.s and such for what we pay lawyers if our system ran more efficiently. Im semi self employed in construction, masonry mostly, so our family is uninsured, its just too costly, I figure we can take a chance for a few more years, and if this country doesn't at least start to change the health care system, its probably time to move elsewhere. Its like one friend of mine said about American health care, if your poor your OK, if your rich your fine, but god help you if your in the middle.

I do not buy into that statement about "what we pay lawyers if our system ran more efficiently".
In a attempt to reduce health care cost in CA. they passed a law that limits the amount a person can receive on suing a hospital or doctor. This was done due to the health care professionals yelling that they needed to charge higher fees to pay for very expensive libility insurance because of million dollar awards to persons suing.
Law was passed, I may be wrong but i think the limit is now 250,000 bucks. Guess what, health care fees failed to go down and the doctors, hospitals, insurance companies laughted all the way to the bank.

RELH

Its the same here in WY, there was talk about limiting the amount that can be paid out in malpractice suits, and they discovered that there have only been a handful of judgments awarded over a million dollars,ever in the states entire history. A lot of the legal action is about trying to get insurance companys to pay claims, there is a lot of personal injury claim lawsuits filed. Medical costs are so high that people become desperate . hospitals and clinics hire lawyers to collect money, it goes on and on. The truth is its a real mess

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom