Taxidermist?????

W

Wingshooter

Does anybody have a good Taxidermist around the Bay Area that they care to recommend? For that matter Northern California. If it wasn't so far away, I found a great Taxidermist in Oregon. Timberline Taxidermy. He is in a town calld (excuse the spelling!!) Coquile. Absolutely AWESOME work! Some Taxidermy looks lifelike, his looks alive.

Wingshooter

I've got a friend that does a great job on mounts the only problem is that he has moved to Chico and I don't have his contact. I can have it for you perhaps tomorrow so check the post again.

Happy Trails

Ridge Runner

Ha, that's kinda funny. I personally know Ron at Timberline and live about 10 miles from him. I was suprised to read your post. I have a bear rug with him right now that should turn out outstanding. If you want something done right and customized I would make the trip back to Ron. Haven't seen too many people go the extra mile like he does for impressive mounts. I'm sure there's some way of shipping something like that, you should call him for any info. on that kind of stuff. The only other one I knew was in Crescent City and he's moved and I'm not sure of his new number or where he even went. I had some birds done there. Anyhow good luck.

tc

Give a call to Rick Moore who lives in Willits, Ca at the following numbers 707-459-0630 or 0825.
I have seen some of his work and he comes highly recommended by those that used his services.
I believe he works from his home.

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py...country=us&slt=37.630020&sln=-122.410141&cs=4

I can vouch for Avilla's as some good friends have bought some stuff from him from people who didn't pick up their mounts(he kept them for years and finally had to sell them-the people didn't want them)--they all looked pretty good to me---

Also International Big Game Studio--Forrest Farnsworth did my bobcat and does very nice work--

Mariero's did my muley from 1990--wasn't bad, but it could've been a little better--on his behalf he was going thru some cancer treatments during that time--glad to see he's still in business though

there is also a place on San Mateo Ave.--called Wildlife Artistry or something like that--they do very good work also---

also have a connection up around Fortuna that does very good work also---good luck.....chris

Thanks for the info. I actually have a deer being done right now at International Big Game Studios. His work is real good, but after my trip to Oregon, I know there is better out there. Like Tailchaser said, Ron does go that extra mile, Lots of little details that others don't do. I'm sure I will be very happy with the one I am having now at I B G. I'm just looking tword future mounts. Why not get the best?

Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom