Taxidermy...After the Fact

EROCK1313

I was just curious.... How easy is it to have a mount made of a deer or elk if you previously decided to just cut the rack off at the skull and you do not have the hide or full skull etc?

I know people have had some of their sheds mounted, but I was just curious of what this would add to the price or how possible it even is given the above scenario.

Suggestions??

Also, how long does it take and an approximate cost for a decent shoulder mount or pedistal mount for either Deer or Elk?

(Sorry for the elementary questions guys, but I have never really had anything mounted except for my wife...LoL!).

?-ERock-> ?

It can easily be done by about any legitimate taxidermist. Basically you have to find a replacement cape and the rest is pretty much normal unless you have but the antlers off at the burrs and then it can still be done, like with sheds..
Prices change a lot in different areas so just call your local taxidermist and he can give you an estimate..

Most taxidermist have capes they can sell also.

scrat.jpg

its not a problem at all, we can get extra capes, the best wa to save YOU money is to have a freind with a tag, that is not going to mount there animal and get there cape, but if you just walked into my shop/or any other tax shop, the should be able to get you any kind of cape that you need, price depends on size.... condition, if its tanned already or not ect.... a rough est would be $100 for deer, and $200 for elk..... other then that the added cost it is no problem to get one.
hope this helps.

Only one of my personal mounts has its original cape.

If you wacked off the antlers themselves, then you would have to pay extra for a synthetic skull plate, and the labor. If you cut out the antlers, with a chunk of skull, then no problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom