tc black diamond powder

Cass

Very Active Member
I'm looking one where to start sighting in and finding out what powder range i should be using. It's a .50 cal. Now what distance should i be shooting at? have any ideas about powder? I'm thinking of starting at 100 and going up in 10 grain increments and finding out what happens
Thanks

-Cass

Cass I'm going to use my black diamond this year on my cow hunt. I have a few T/C inlines and I bought this one last summer on clearance from WALMART for around $120.00. It's blued with advantage camo stock.I shoot 100 grains of pyrodex and feed it Barnes 250 gr. mz bullets. These bullets fly real good out of my T/C barrels.I killed a bull in 2002 with this same load work up out of my thumbhole T/C. For deer or antelope I've always shot hornady XTPs'. They fly well out of my barrels and have killed all of my muzzy deer and antelope with this bullet.
You will get many relpys to this , I'm only telling you what works well for me out of my T/Cs'.One of my partners only shoots loose powder , and his t/c's are dialed in real solid, I just prefer the pellets. Best of Luck...

Nutt1, I have the same inline as you, still brand new in the package, bought in 05 on clearance @ walmart. Now that i drew this muzzy antelope tag for unit 11 got to learn how to load it and shoot it.(new to muzzle loading)

pinemesa

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom