TC OMEGA .50 inline

C

coues

Bluelk,
Hey thanks for all the info from your muzzleloading 101 posts.
I am wondering if you have had a chance to check out this TC inline or not ? what advantage / or disadavantage does this rifle have compared to other makes? How does/would the 28 in barrel effect performance?
I dont have any first hand knowledge with inlines and could use some advice lol. Thanks.
Here is just some inf. from TC.
Caliber: .50 Caliber
Ignition: 209 Shotgun Primer (Closed swinging block breech)
Barrel: 28" Round with QLA
Rifling Twist: 1 in 28" Twist for sabots and conical bullets
Thanks again
Coues

Bluelk,
I'm not a dyed in the wool muzzleloader hunter (yet), but I'm thinking about the TC Omega for a future hunt in CO myself. It's obvious that the regulars here value your opinions, so I'd be interested in your observations too. Thanks in advance...

Bluelk I too would like to know if you have had a chance to test this gun. If you do get the chance sure would like to hear the results. I shoot a Knight M-85 50.cal now. I have read a lot of your reports and would like to Thank you for all your time and effort you put into this forum,If you need infor. on S.E Utah I will try and help you. Thanks alot GATOR

coues: I have been trying to get my hands on one of these rifles for about 3 months and haven't been successful just yet. I looked for them at the SHOT show, but T/C didn't have them in their booth. T/C seems to be playing their cards awful close to the chest for some reason. As soon as I can "glom" onto one I will let you guys know what I find. Dealers can't even get them from what I hear.

Thanks bluelk. I havent found one yet myself. I just thinking ahead to the az draw. lol
coues

They will have them out in April, My buddy ordered one from Cabelas and that what they told him.

Gator: That's the same information that I'm getting from my contact at T/C. Have heard at lot about it and am anxious to get my hands on one. The only concern I have is that closed breech. This may make it so that it cannot be used in some states.

With the new Omega we had a little problem, When we shoot a 130 gr powder and 400gr sabots we hit 6" low at a hundred and that with the sight turned all the way up as far as it would go. So I sent off a e-mail to T/C and they got the same problem shooting there test gun with the same loads, so they are sending out new front sights that should take care of the problem. One day turn around in the e-mail and how they was going to fix it OUTSTANDING WORK T/C.

Are these Omega's legal in colorado? Arent' they closed breach? If they are I believe they would be illegal in colorado...I think. Can anyone help?

Boman
I believe a closed breech is legal in Colorado, as long as it can't be loaded FROM the breech it is legal. I've been wrong way to many times before though....

Thanks Deerking and Gator. Funny you say that Gator last time I asked a question of the Colorado Dow, I decided to call and ask the question again. I got 2 different answers.. So I asked by email. The answer I got by email was the answer I wanted so I printed and will take it with me while hunting. Thanks Guys!

PS. I am just starting out muzz hunting but I do like the looks of the omega..But I better learn to shoot my current muzz first..

330-Trapper

I don't know about Here and Now, but we sold the Omega, laminated stock, at our Wal-Mart when the seasons new models first came out a couple months ago... We sold out of ours fast, and re-ordering is a problem right now.

If a Wal-Mart carries a Black Powder section, they might still have an initial order Omega instock...probably long odds, but you'all could try anyway!

Good Luck!

I'll second what sheephunter says about the shotshow. I also looked at the omega there. Does anyone have chronograph results with it yet? Also, is it as slick as it looks to clean? That's the big selling point for me. Plus I love an external hammer and falling (swinging )block. I hear the trigger has a weird feel after it breaks, is that true or not. Has anyone tried it out in .45 cal yet?

I don't want to speak for Blueelk but I think he was talking about last years shot show?? I'd still like to get a report from BlueElk if he has one? Thanks

Okay I'll end the confusion about what I did, or did not see, at the 2002 SHOT show in Vegas. I saw the Omega's hanging on the wall, but I went to the T/C booth for a conversation with the T/C people on a variety of issues (such as why their stainless steel guns are rusting), and because I'm not a big Omega fan I didn't take the time to look at them. As all of you who have ever been at a SHOT show know, there is so much to look at you just don't have time to spend on the stuff you're not interested in. I also didn't look at the camo furniture, Mossy Oak, centerfire rifles, or shotguns.

Ok my handle says it all, I really like this gun. I first saw the Omega at the 2002 Shot Show, and in Blue Elks defense he must be thinking of another product because there were no walls in the T/C booth, the guns were all displayed on a table, for the interested to pick up and look at. T/C is publishing muzzle velocities of over 2200 fps with the 240 grain sabot in front of 150 grains of Pyrodex. The 28" barrel insures that the most velocity is produced from the powder rather than shooting it out the barrel to burn in the air. I can second the accuracy statements, like every T/C product I've owned they are real tack drivers. So far this fall my wife and I have harvested 2 bull moose and 2 buck antelope with the Omega. The shots ranged from 90 to 134 yards and were all one shot kills. This week we go for whitetail and mule deer, can't wait!
Take care, Rich

sheephunter: What ******* difference does it make? I feel like I'm being interrogated! If I didn't look at them, so what? American is still a somewhat free country.

Well, if not being able to remember if the rifles were on a wall or laying on a table puts my integrity into question then I won
't tolerate the situation. In 61 years my integrity has never been questioned and I'm not going to let it be questioned now, particularly over such a stupid, trivial matter.

I've explained the situation to you to my satisfaction. I don't get paid for being the Moderator of this forum, and I do it with the intention of helping any of you who are having problems with your rifles. If not remembering where a rifle was is so severe as to question my integrity then you will no longer have me as a Moderator.

I hope you are satisfied, because your "holier than thou attitude" has run me off. Have fun in the future trying to get help.

I started this thread on Feb-22-02, 12:39 PM (MST). I am saddened to see it has gone from an inquiry to an inquisition.
Is it not just possible to have forgotten in the oh gee I dont know, 9 months since this thread was first started, a few little aspects of a persons day? Out of a busy crowded day? I assume the shot show would have been very damn crowded? Loud? busy? a bus load of things to see and do? What do I know anyway.
I think this whole thing went south in a hurry and this message board lost some great help for those who are in need of it when it comes to the subject of muzzle loaders.
I thank bluelk for all his help and also his willingness to do so freely. I ask the others here who he helped to do like wise.
Coues.
Ps; I think I'll quit posting and view the photo section from now on. Later.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom