TC Omega stock

milkie62

I have a SS Omega with laminate stock.Has anybody ever used the thumbhole stock and what are your opinions of it.I have not shot mine much but it shoots well with 245 gr powerbelts.Thought I woud try the thumbhole and a low power scope.

I have the Omega with a composite stock. It took some getting used to, but now I find it comfortable to shoot. I actually changed my 1X red dot to a Viper 6.5x20. Here in Utah they changed the scope restriction this year. I am taking it up on a late deer hunt leaving Thursday. I used to shoot the Power belts, but switched to the Hornaday SST in 250 gr. and am actually impressed with them. I tried many different powers charges and I ended up with 130 grains of 777 (2 - 50/50 pellets & 1 - 30/50 pellet). I got my velocity and it is showing an average of 10 shots at 1720 FPS. Not the fasted, but pretty darn accurate. I created a Muzzy gun in the app (Shooter) and put all the info in and then dialed to 276 yards and was able to hit a 20" steel plate 2 out of 3 shots. If you change it and don't like it you can always change back to the original stock and sell the thumbhole. Good luck.

I can't speak to the thumbhole stock on this gun, but I have the same as you and think it's one sweet shooting gun. 110-115gr of BH209 and a 290gr Barnes TEZ and lights out to everything I've pointed at with that combo. From point blank whitetails to over 200 yards bull elk, the gun just points right.

To each their own but I say let it be if you shoot it well.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-17 AT 07:36AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-17 AT 07:34?AM (MST)

>I can't speak to the thumbhole
>stock on this gun, but
>I have the same as
>you and think it's one
>sweet shooting gun. 110-115gr
>of BH209 and a 290gr
>Barnes TEZ and lights out
>to everything I've pointed at
>with that combo. From
>point blank whitetails to over
>200 yards bull elk, the
>gun just points right.
>
>To each their own but I
>say let it be if
>you shoot it well.

Ditto this!
Not into thumbholes.
But love my TC Omega.Do not know why they stopped making them & not really impressed by any they have since.
Mine just handles & shoots like I have used it all my life. And it works.
100gr BH & 250 Barnes TEZ's in mine.
Only thing I did was fill the plastic stock with foam to keep it from being so noisy.
This gun has been thru what my duck-gun does & still fire too.
Not fond of the Nikon BDC reticle,but the scope is very clear & crisp.3x9x40

On the bench or in a stand the thumb hole is great
But I still hunt and with only the pinky and ring fingers and thumb on my right hand remaining it's a hard stock to bring to shoulder fast.

I've been trying to trade it for a traditional stock for years for that reason

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom