Tea Party??

Would you rather he join you, Piper, Zigga and all the other Sheephumpers?

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

I wrote Paul in in the last election and voted for him in the primary. he's goofy as a pet coon and will never win a general election but he is truly change, at the time I figured how much damage could he do and that still stands.

The teabaggers are not going to support anyone for long. anyone who gets involved with them will soon be their enemy that's the MO of a malcontent movement of not too bright people.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-10 AT 12:23PM (MST)[p]It's rather comical that RP who started the 21st century Tea Party is now the target of this so-called new conservative Tea Party movement aka Teabaggers. RP was dismissed as a loon, ridiculed by his fellow republican candidates, marginalized and not even included in a televised candidate debate by Fox. Yet, here we have the most conservative congress member being targeted by a political cult claiming to be deeply rooted in conservative values.

This mantra of "throw the bums out" is indicative of how short sided this movement is. It no longer matters who the office holders are, even when it comes to the POTUS. The systems is so flawed, the parties so duplicitous with private money, that the office holders are only an end result of a flawed system.

How much support would this new Tea Party movement receive if it had an agenda of fixing the actual root causes that have infested our political system?

Would you get on board if the political agenda of the Tea Party addressed:

Public Campaign Financing
Congressional Term Limits
SCOTUS appointments and term limits
Reducing Corporate political access and legal protections

In my opinion it would only take 4 simple things to bring our government back to representing the people and bring validity to an effective Teaparty movement. The actual office holders or their potential replacements are simply a "fill in the blank" to more of the same unless these 4 issues are addressed and corrected.

So it's not a "throw the bums out" as much as it is "fix the system so we don't have any bums".

If RP or "fill in the blank" were the Potus, we would still have the same problems we are currently experiencing. I think Even Bayh's recent statements only reinforce the systemic flaws that I have outlined.

Yes they are corporations and I knew you knew that but I wanted to get that out there to Piper and Zigga. Both of whom are probably not union workers and have no idea of what the union leadership thinks of nonunion workers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom