TEE-TEE-K,I SEE SMOKE!!!

B

bobcatbess

AND LOTS OF IT!!!

IS THAT YOUR BARBEQUE SMOKING???

THAT DON'T LOOK GOOD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

She's probably hitting the ganja! Can you say Cheech and Chong?
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

When you see that mushroom cloud go up ... that's some scary chit. Haven't had any big fire's in So. Utard YET. Afraid it's going up all at once, it's soo stinking dry!

RUS

Oh guys...it's awful. Fatalities...people I know. They were getting hay and the fire shifted. It moved so fast....so unbelievably fast. Homes have been burned in Farm Creek, it's shifting towards Whiterocks and back towards Hayden and Neola. It's so bad. I took pics at 4 pm and it totally exploded within 2 hours and had burned homes and traveled really far. My friends have been evacuated and people just a block away have been evacced.

Oh man...I can't believe my friend is dead. 6 kids and a wife. I just saw him Wednesday night. Intro'd him to my family. Such a good guy. Holy crap it's bad.

TK,
I figured that had to be you they just interveiwed on Channel 2.
Looks and sounds like a bad deal. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your friends family and everyone else in the area.

Thanks, sad deal. My phone is going crazy since that report. I've just heard of more homes being burned. They've lost a bunch of homes in this one. It just moved so fast. So fast.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-07 AT 11:28PM (MST)[p]Those pics are way better than mine. I wish I had a better camera. I'm posting some on the radio station's website, but mine suck. I did take some video though. Here it is. One of these files is bound to work. Someday I'll figure out how to properly post video from photobucket here. It works fine on other forums.....

This is a panoramic view starting in the West where the fire started directly North of Neola. Then, in the course of just an hour, it moved clear over to Whiterocks canyon and burned homes and killed people in its path. My friend and his dad and his 11 year old son were cutting hay in a box caynon and had no idea they were in danger until the fire was upon them. The smoke was so thick they couldn't see. They told the 11 year old to run. He did. He didn't know where he was going though, couldn't find the truck in all that smoke, but a fire truck picked him up. He's alright, but his dad and grandpa didn't make it out. They are confirmed dead (my husband is their home teacher and an EMT so is at the hospital with them), but their bodies still aren't out yet. This is so tragic. It's really going to hit this communnity hard.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/TheFox985/?action=view&current=2007_0628FIRE0050.flv

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid105.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/TheFox985/2007_0628FIRE0050.flv"></embed>

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/TheFox985/?action=view&current=2007_0628FIRE0050.flv

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-07 AT 11:41PM (MST)[p]Doesn't anyone have MSN messenger or Yahoo or anything like that??

DAMN!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

THAT IS TOO BAD!!!

I KNEW BOTH THEM GUYS JUST A LITTLE & BOTH HARD WORKING GOOD PEOPLE!!!

MY CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO THE FAMILY!!!

I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW FAST & HOW EXPLOSIVE THESE FIRES ARE,TREES EXPLODING LIKE BOMBS!!!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL EVERYBODY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-07 AT 07:40AM (MST)[p]What a sad sad day. I feel terrible about it. Wish I could be there to do what I could. My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected. I just talked with my mom who lives in Hayden, lots of homes have been lost and lots of friends have been displaced. They heard sirens all night long.

Horrible. Just horrible.

Heard your report on Ch. 2 Jenn - good job! It's good to hear your voice over the air, too bad it is in such horrible circumstances.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

She just talked to some of the people we thought lost their homes and they're FINE. Yay! They're back in them this morning. No power, but everything is ok. Some were lost though, we're just not sure how many and who's home.

My condolences for the people affected by such a tragic event! It brings back memories of when I was a forest firefighter. Any word on how it got started?

Creepy video TK. (good, but creepy) Stay back. If the wind changes, the fire changes!

Steve

They're saying it was a power problem, transformer or something electrical. The power company, however, Moon Lake, isn't saying that. Conflicting stories.

They'll be in our prayers.

We've had the same thing out here, about an hour east of where I live. The Angora fire at Lake Tahoe destroyed over 250 homes, but most fortunately nobody was killed and only 1 firefighter was injured. The homes can be re-built, but those lives lost will leave a huge void that can't be replaced. Very sorry to hear about this.

DAMN!!!

THIS IS BAD!!!

ANOTHER FATALITY FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND???

WE'VE GOT FRIENDS ON STANBY WITH BELONGINGS LOADED IN THEIR TRUCKS!!!

THE FIRE BURNT SEVERAL DIRECTIONS TODAY & FLARED UP SEVERAL TIMES!!!

ANY NEW NEWS TEE-TEE-K???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Nothing new but more suggested evacuations; Lapoint, Tridell and Deep Creek. This fire is fast, explosive and just keeps on turning every way. It's even moved West a bit.

I think a rancher friend of ours lost his place tonight. My dad saw a big ol' fireball a while ago right where his place is. You know Joe Jessup, Bobcat? We think his place may be gone, but we're not sure. They're not letting anyone up in there and I heard another lady was killed today when she was kicked in the head by a horse.

And I guess Tracy and George were helping the other guy who died with his hay. They saw the fire coming and wanted to help him get his sprinklers going to wet it down so he didn't lose it, I guess. I know Tracy could've ran out of there no problem but he probably stayed behind w/his dad and the other guy.

I'm sad and on edge. We're supposed to have this big 4th of July celebration here but I think we should cancel it, or parts of it. Who wants a parade that's in the way of 600 firefighters? I think we should just stay home and out of their way. They're camped right next to the rodeo grounds over at the elementary school and that many people streaming in here would definitely be in their way. Not a whole lot of us feel like celebrating much right now anyway. The funerals will be on Thursday.

TEE-TEE-K!!!

I COULD SEE THE FIRE MOVED WEST & SOUTH AND WE KNOW ITS MOVING EAST AT AN ALARMING PACE!!!

TREE'S ARE EXPLODING LIKE BOMBS!!!

EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE YOU SEE A MUSHROOM CLOUD THAT LOOKS LIKE A NUKE HAS WENT OFF!!!

ALSO LOOKS TO BE FUNNEL CLOUDS WHICH IS FUNNEL SMOKE,NO RAIN IN SIGHT FOR QUITE SOME TIME!!!

IF MOST PEOPLE COULD SEE THEM TREES EXPLODING LIKE BOMBS THEY'D KNOW HOW DRY OUR TREES HAVE BECOME OVER THE LAST DECADE,YA THEY'RE GREEN BUT DAMN DRY & WHEN THE HEAT GETS NEAR THEM ITS SO SEVERE THE GASES/FUEL START EXPLODING!!!

WE NEED A TEXAS RAIN STORM BAD BUT TO NO AVAIL!!!

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE LADY WAS THAT GOT KICKED BY THE HORSE???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

You guys don't take any chance with this firestorm, it is creating it own wind and it can turn on a dime, Just be safe and my prayers goes out to the families of the men who was losted.

Our condolences. Theat sort of thing is always on our mids. Since we occupy the same territory, just a hundred or so miles away I have to wonder when it will be our turn.

Keep safe,

beanman

"I'm sad and on edge. We're supposed to have this big 4th of July celebration here but I think we should cancel it, or parts of it. Who wants a parade that's in the way of 600 firefighters? I think we should just....."

Jenn, I whole heartedly agree... it's just too dangerous... I have lived in So. Utah all my life & have never seen things this bad. Let common sense prevail for once! This could get worse rather than better real fast.

RUS

RUS!!!

OUR MOUNTAIN IS GETTING THE HELL BURNT OUT OF IT!!!

I COULD LIVE WITH THE MOUNTAIN GETTING BURNT BUT THESE PEOPLE LOSING THEIR LIVES IS HARD TO DEAL WITH!!!

THERE IS SO MUCH DRY FUEL YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE IT!!!

THE FIRE HAS HEADED NORTH & NOW MIDWAY UP ON THE MOUNTAIN IN SEVERAL SPOTS!!!

THIS IS BAD!!!

REAL BAD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOPEING FOR A MAJOR RAIN STORM WITHOUT LIGHTNING OF COURSE!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-07 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]Well...we're going ahead w/the celebration. The firefighters certainly don't want us to stop and they're actually very accommodating and want us to be able to have it. Our committee doesn't want to be in their way, either though. The biggest problem is that they need the space. They're camped out at the elementary school, have pretty much taken over the school (and OMG it's AMAZING the organization and logistics that go into fighting a Type 1 fire), but they're maxed out on space, need our park/rodeo grounds area and the school is RIGHT NEXT to the park where we're having this celebration. We've told them they can have it and if they want us to, we'll cancel in a heartbeat, but that's not what they want and are positive that we can work together.

There are concerns on both parts, but we have cancelled some of our events, we're urging people to carpool and enter Neola from the West and stay off the main road the firefighters are using. We are also going to be parking Nazis and make sure people don't park on the highway and only park in designated areas.

We're expecting about 1,000 people in here on Tuesday night though. There are about 2,000 people over at the school with the fire effort and fire trucks, hot shot crew trucks, busses, big trucks and all kinds of traffic going in and out all day long at the school and past the rodeo grounds/community park. It's going to be CRAZY. I just hope it all works out. We re-routed the parade to stay out of their way, but I don't know. I think we should've cancelled that part, but most other committee members didn't think so.

I just got back from talking to all the TV news stations, gave them our little press release and one guy said, "Oh wow...that's gonna be a big cluster-you-know-what." lol But, nobody really wants us to cancel it all. We'll just work together to find a way to have it.

The fire has now grown to over 30,000 acres and is raging up into the forest now, to the North. Five homes were destroyed and there could be more. They aren't letting people back into their homes just yet. THey'll take about 16 homeowners into their homes in the Farm Creek area tonight for a few minutes to get stuff (meat, things from freezers that have probably all gone bad already), but they can't go home even though they're just mopping up and think the fire has pretty much burned itself out in that area (it's pretty much out of fuel there). There is no power though so they're not letting t hem stay. Some folks thinks that's B.S. because the've got generators and could live just fine, but Sherriff Merrel says "No".

I think the communities are out of danger at this point, but it's still a big, bad fire. There is ALOT of fuel for it right now. Old, dry, beetle kill pines and downed timber. It will take a while before it's out.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-07 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]Dang! Don't even know what to say other than prayers are with all you Basinites. Them big fires are really scary ... haven't had any here yet but the summer is still young. If you go to St. George or Vegas down I-15 you can see the effects of the last few years down here.

Oddly enough, I see the folks killed were Houston's. My 1st cousin Robert Houston out of Kanab caters food service for big fires & may be on this fire.

Take Care,

RUS

Why yes, he is here. I caught that coincidence myself when I saw his trucks roll into town and set up at the church. I got a pic of em'.....

SupportCrew.jpg

ACK! They interviewed me for a TV news story. I didn't have any lipstick or gloss on and I have a HUGE zit on my chin!! Oh the horror!! I didn't even really do my hair today, either.

Haven't saw the interview yet but I'll bet you look way better than Christiane Amanpour.

LOL
RUS

It sounds like the fire has taken a turn for the better?? So sorry about the loss of your friends, I see they mentioned you TK in the paper today. Atta girl. I am thinking the forest is taking a pounding now?? You guys be safe, Prayers for the families and a little rain.

THE FIRE MOVED IN SEVERAL DIRECTIONS TODAY!!!

IT FLARED UP BIG IN SEVERAL SPOTS AGAIN TODAY!!!

YOU CAN SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIRST LIGHT & MID DAY!!!

WHEN THE TEMP WARMS UP SHE REALLY GETS AFTER IT!!!

WE NEED A BIG RAIN STORM BAD!!!

THE WIND HASN'T BEEN TO BAD,I SURE HOPE IT DOESN'T WHIP IT UP LIKE IT CAN AROUND HERE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

I could see the plume from the top of Parley's. It looked wicked from Jordanelle, as well.....must be some baad ass fire.

TK, my thoughts are with you and your neighbors!

Thanks. We're doing much better. Having the community celebration sure helps. We had a great time tonight. The guy who owns Cafe' Rio came out and brought enough food to feed 500 people just to show the community he cares (he's a property owner around here so we've kind of adopted him into the community now). He wanted to feed the members of the commuinty who were evacuated and everyone else affected by the fire. We were having a dutch oven dinner anyway and expecting about 300 people, so we started inviting people and went ahead and offered the dutch oven dinner for free as well. It was great. People dug in their pockets and donated money to the Houston family fund and were impressed with the generosity of Cafe' Rio and the Commuinty Celebration Board. Then we had a free concert.

A couple of Tracy's daughters (Tracy Houston, my friend who died) came to the concert tonight and were smiling and having some fun. I was so happy to see them. Dang, he's got such good kids. I mean really, really, really good kids. The kind of kids you want yours to be like. He raised some beautiful and wonderful daughters and his son is as cute as he can be and a good kid as well. He may be gone from their lives, but the values and morals he instilled in those kids aren't going anywhere. Everything he stood for and everything he taught those kids will stick with them and I have no doubt that everyone of those girls and Duane will honor him every way they can.

It's hard to imagine how big this fire has gotten. I know it doesn't compare to the Yellowstone fires, but it's as close as this country wants to come. Has anyone noticed the ash on little mountain? It looks like the top is cover in snow. TK take a picture of that and post it. I took a horse ride up through some of the country that's burning last week with my son on leave home from Afganistan. Wish I'd taken some pictures. It'll never be the same in our life times. Talked to a guy at the kid's club barrel racing last night that runs 350 head of cattle in Cart Hollow and Farm Creek. I hope he has something left. The Neola kid's rodeo won't be the same tonight. Life does go on though. Neola does take care of it's own.

You comin' up, Bern? I'll be looking for you and your cute lil' wifey. I'll bet that wild lil' grandson of yours grabs a few animals tonight, too. It's ok...he needs some chickens and bunnies to go in his new yard at his new house. LOL

And it's true...the mountains will never be the same in our lifetime. I can't even fathom the aftermath...all those cow carcasses, burned buildings, fields, hillsides. Once the smoke clears the devastation will really set in. It's kinda like a war zone up here right now w/all the firefighter activity going on. Crazy. I hope those guys can get in to see what remains of their herds soon, too.

I'll try to get a pic of little mountain and post it. Right now all I see is smoke though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom