Tehachapi Bull Pics

Aaron

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Ok guys here are some pics of my bull. I hired SCO outfitters for my elk hunt. Josh is an amazing wealth of knowledge when it comes to these elk. He has followed them for years and knows of most the bulls in the unit. I was very on the fence about burning my max points. Actually considered turning tag in at one point. Josh told me come down I will take you out scouting and show you what I know. After that weekend I knew he was the guy. Not only did he show me some eye popping bulls in real life he showed me sheds of many bulls he has followed for years. This is when I knew I had a chance at something special. like 400 plus. Opening morning had me set up on a ranch where we knew a bomber 400 inch plus bull was hanging out on the regular. We were actually shocked when the bull did not show. Later that morning we drove around other side of the ranch to discover another lucky hunter had shot our number 2 bull we had scouted up. No wonder he did not show he was dead. A very nice local guy had permission on a 20 acre parcel and legally shot him with his bow before he jumped onto our ranch that morning. Even helped the guy help load the bull up. lol. I was disappointed but happy for the guy at same time. Just an absolute slob of a bull. Heaviest horns I have ever seen on an elk period. 73 inches of mass score. I was told he ended up grossing 407. After that we focused on our number one bull. He was a dirty giant I'm guessing around 415 to 420 as basically a 6x7. The bull actually crossed one of our ranches with SCO but only stayed a day or 2 before going into unhuntable land. I felt confident he was not going to leave that area. He had everything he needed. On to my bull. We actually saw this bull scouting and he was seen serval times on one of the ranches we had permission on. Bad part was he left us a day or 2 before opening day. We actually found him about 4 miles away rutting cows on another property. I was actually going to go home that day and come back the next weekend when the elk were rutting more. The Elk were just really starting to talk. We decided to check one more time on where he had been late in the morning. I first spotted a cow lying up on a ridge. Then another cow and then a bull. That's when we realized this bull had moved back the 4 miles and now was sitting in the middle of our large ranch. This was the decision I had. Do I wait for something maybe bigger or maybe my number 1 bull makes a mistake or go after this awesome bull now. I told my guide Jake if I could get him with my bow I would shoot him. We worked in to be close to him. My buddy cow called and he came right out of his bed immediately. He walked out to a 30 yard broadside shot. I absolutely pinwheeled him. All I can say is even hit well they can still take it. Tough dam animals. I killed the best bull of my life and I did it right here in CA. I felt blessed and honored to take such a monster bull with my bow. I have taken serval 340 to 355 bulls. This guy is on another level. Big thanks to SCO. They really know there bulls. Another hunter in our camp also shot a 390 bull but will not post pics of others accomplishments. I have had bad luck posting pics on this site in the past so I gave up a long time ago sharing. Since so many asked there u have it. I'm one lucky guy! my bull is an 8x7 and big enough to me. I honestly don't care if I never hunt elk again. I
IMG-3133.jpg
got my dream bull with a bow! stick a fork in me! haha

Hey Aaron congratulations, super glad it worked out so well for you! I knew it would when you and I spoke and you told me you were going with Josh. Congratulations on your bull of a lifetime! Mind me asking what did your bull score and that bull you watched get killed was my good buddies property small world.

My best friend also drew with max this year. I helped him get a really nice Tule bull off the East Park hunt. I'm not joking body wise are about half the size of those Rocky Mountain down there. I have killed lots of mature bull elk and these bulls down there are on par with a big Roosevelts body wise. really a different strain of rocky or its just the feed. Not sure

After being burned on this site a few times I usually wont post pictures anymore. I decided to post just because so many reached out to me. I wont post a score just because people are so weird anymore about crap like that. I honestly have gotten to the point I don't score stuff I shoot anymore. If I like it I put it on the wall. I still try to get something good but a number wont make my hunt anymore. I fell into that trap for years and I think it ruined my experience on some good tags I had drawn. My guide insisted he score it so I let him or I honestly would never know. He is not 400 and he is better than a rag horn 380. HAHA. That's close enough. lol. I'm sure I will never top it so I'm good with whatever he is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom