Televid 77 ???

D

D13er

I've got a leica televid 77 that seams to have a problem. The eyepiece doesn't seem to have any provision to lock it in place. Whenever you try to change the power setting without holding the base of the eyepiece the eyepiece unscrews instead of changing power setting. It is really annoying and basically unusable like it is.

Anyone with the same scope experiencing the same problem ?

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

JB,
It sounds as if you have the original zoom eyepiece, #41005. Leica came out with the same optical eyepiece but added a locking pin, #41012, about 3 years ago. The #41005 should stay put under normal conditions but it appears that your tightening ring has become loose. I am sure that if you speak with someone at Leica they could take care of that for you, or feel free to contact me and I will see to it for you.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Doug,

Thanks for that info. I'm sure you are right because nothing looks lost or broken. I have spoken to leica and they said send it in but since it doesn't appear broken I was hesitant that it would come back the same way. Can the new eyepiece be retrofitted or will they just tighten the locking ring ??

Jef

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

They will not change it over, IMO, they will just tighten the existing eyepiece. Call me and I will advise you on who to speak with in order to get what you want.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Had this happen to a friend of mine. They will not retrofit it to the new style but they will install a locking screw that works just the same. They did it to my buddies and he had it back within a couple of weeks.