Tent heating

adamsoa

I have a Springbar tent that I love. The only problem is that when we go out in the late fall it gets a little cold. Does anyone have any advice on a heater or way to keep it warm.

Adam,
Coleman just introduced a new heater that is designed for overnight tent use. I bought one and have used it a few times this year, and it works well. It will heat a tent all night on one little bottle of propane.. I own a few Springbars, and that is why I bought the small Coleman heater.

Give it a look, they are only about $45.00 or so.

Good Luck......................KT

Howdy,
I picked up a Coleman "BlackCat" heater a few years ago.
Its a 3000 BTU Catalytic heater. Works great, very light(except fer the 1 pound propane cylinders) But does run most of the night on one can. Takes the chill out of the air nicely. No flame, probably as safe as your gonna get for use "indoors" Most likely the same one "KattTraxx" mentioned. I picked mine up at Walmart for about 50 bucks. Worth the money.
"BC" Will

I bought a "Mr Heater", 9000 btu. If your in a small tent, it will work nice. Check the specs, some dont recommend using above certain altitudes.

Kingfish,
Here is a link to Springbar tents
/www.kirkhams.com/springbar/springbar.html

Nemont

Adamsoa, Regardless of what heater you use DO NOT run them while your sleeping...Wake up 1/2 hour earlier and start your heater..

I like Schmalts' heater recommendation better, however I'd opt for the turbo model..........5'10" to 6'0" and about 130!

Coot

Schmalts model works the best. But height is not as important as rack size and the quality of the fur lined hand warmer.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I use a kerosene heater in my canvas wall tent. fill it and light it outside let it run 15 min or so before putting in tent...I let it run all night and am always toasty. starting it outside lets excess fumes off before getting them in the tent. I always leave the flap cracked.

You have to really be carefull with propane heaters in tents,especially in the old canvas ones cause they don't breath like the newer nylon tents.That's why I would recomend a nice little brunette for high output tent heating :)

faebfccc.jpg

I just got a Coleman Black Cat catalytic tent heater. it keeps our four man tent warm for about 7 hours. it was definitely worth the $45.00 and you can get them at walmart.
shawn cooksey

Be very careful! It does not take much to burn up all the oxygen and go into a permanent slumber.

The Coleman Black Cat is designed for indoor/tent heating. You just want to be sure there is some ventilation. This weekend's deer hunt will be the virgin (I have no intention of joining in on the alternative heating source discussion :) trip for my Black Cat. One question for other owners... does your electronic ignition work. This is my second unit (returned the 1st one because the electronic ignition didn't work). I couldn't get it to light w/ the electronic ignition either... had to use a match. Why put a damn electronic ignition on a heater, charge me an extra $10, and not design it to work well!?

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation, INCREASED and NOT IMPAIRED in value."
logo_org_pub.jpg

I'm with Cooter, Schmalts and Kilbuk on this one! Make mine 5-11 +, blonde or light brunette, 135 and of buxom Northern European stock. Oooohhh... Swiiiisssss Miiiiissssss.... If not just close up the tent nice and tight and start a little wood fire.
Eric

fart.gif

Bird-01.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom