Tent stove fuel

M

muley727

Have any of you guys ever used those pressed logs (pine mountain) in your wall tent stove? My neighbor gave me a couple cases of them. I sometimes hunt the desert where good sized fuel logs are scarce thought this may be a good use for them. any thoughts

Thanks

727: sounds like a good idea. I have taken some for a campfire when hunting desert brushy country. Figure if it burns it should keep you warm in your stove. May burn a little differently not being in open air. May need to give them a bit more air.

))))------->

Thanks Trophyhunter for the input. I figure its worth a try, they were free so why not.

Can't imagine why they would not work fine.
I prefer to hunt deer and elk instead of fire wood so I usually haul my fire wood with me on a hunt that I'm setting up my wall tent and stove.
Let us know how it works!

Some brands say not for wood stoves on them. I don't know if they are toxic or burn to hot. I do know that in the middle of the night. If the wind is blowing when they start to die down. They fill you tent with toxic smoke. So be care full? If you keep the fire going strong all night. I don't think it we be a problem?

I got a bunch of seconds one time. They were broken etc so they were cheap. They worked great. Lasted longer in my little tent stove than regular wood plus being a consistent size I could load it up at night.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Sorry to hijack the post.. have you guys used coal in your tent stoves. I just bought me a new stove for my tent. I've never had a stove before now. Just wondering what your thoughts were. And in general and advice or guidance using my new stove...

Burn it out outside before you put it in the tent. And get it hot! Paint fumes are a bad deal in your tent.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I tend to be lazy, I burn those dura flame logs. I buy them at home depot, they work alright.

STOP RIGHT HERE>>>>>>>>

Do not use those F__king logs.
We used them on a Elk hunt, in the big Cabelas 50ft wall tent. Those things will smolter, and smoke the whole tent up. I thought we were all going to die. I had to wake everyone, make sure NO one was dead. It was an eye opener..
DO NOT USE THOSE LOGS IN A WALL TENT. You might not be alive the next day.
Snowman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom