Tercio ranch RFW Youth Hunt?

oldmossback

Just browsing through the new regulations and saw there is a youth only either sex elk hunt for this ranch . It is in unit 851 by bosque deloso. Does anyone know anything about this hunt ? Just looking for opinions for a decent youth hunt for a bull. Thanks in advance.

I know a guide that guides there that has shown me some pics of the bulls taken and there are some GIANTS in there, they have very limited elk hunting going on there so the hunting is excellent and quality is superb, would be a excellent choice for a youngster.

NMBIGHORN

Well I checked into this hunt for a youth and in typical colorad DOW fashion it is F-ed up. It takes 6 points to draw this RFW youth hunt. So do the math. If a youth starts collecting points at 12 yrs old in colorado and it takes 6 he will be too old for the hunt by the time he has enough points. So it must be anouther of those "who you know and who you blow" deals to get that hunt.

My son drew the Toupal Ranch youth tag 851 back when that hunt was offered. He competed against 4 other kids that had the max points. He turned 18 in November and the hunt was the first week of October to it worked out perfect.

Great area and fantastic hunting. Michaels hunt lasted about 5 minutes before he took a 300" bull. We saw a lot better the night before, but when you have a 6X6 screaming at you....

Good luck to any kid that gets to hunt that area on a $13.75 tag!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14 AT 07:44PM (MST)[p]Last time I checked a kid could buy a license when he is 12 years old...but the same kid can apply for preference points as soon as he has a hunter education card. And that is how those kids who draw Toupal have 8-10 points when they draw. Not DOWs fault when one doesn't read the brochure very close.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14
>AT 07:44?PM (MST)

>
>Last time I checked a kid
>could buy a license when
>he is 12 years old...but
>the same kid can apply
>for preference points as soon
>as he has a hunter
>education card. And that
>is how those kids who
>draw Toupal have 8-10 points
>when they draw. Not
>DOWs fault when one doesn't
>read the brochure very close.
>
You are incorrect on this... A youth can apply for a PP if they turn 12 prior to that December 31. How it works out to a 6 point min. I am not sure I would check with the DOW...

That's exactly how it worked out for Michael. His Birthday was Nov 19th, so I was able to get him in the point game as soon as he was able the year he turned 12 and like I said he and 4 other kids had the same points (6)

I read them again...time to man-up...my apologies, read it wrong. I'll go hide in my room now.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom