Terrible news for Arizona sheep hunters

B

bullwidgeon

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-03 AT 03:25AM (MST)[p]http://www.azgfd.com/nrm/temp/silverbell_sheep.html

My uncles have been down there working with the BLM and AZGFD in eliminating the goats for the last week. Someone turned loose alot of goats right into the sheep habitat and the sheep have all but disapeared from the mountain. We would not be suprised if the unit is closed to sheep hunting for the next few years. What used to be a unit with 2 tags every year and more than 100 sheep has been decimated in less than a month by the outbreak. x(

Bret M.

Yet another reason to get ranchers and their live stock off public lands... Could you imaging the amount of sheep across the entire west if stock animals were never alowed to graze public land in the last 120 years??? Its a tragedy that the state let these goats that close to the sheep heard.

I read that article and they are going to fine him(I hope) and i believe he is the same rancher that is also going to be fined for contaminating the water there also. Throw him in jail.

bambistew
Ya it would be great to have the animals off public land, but I would also like to have a steak that i can afford.
jay

2% of the nations beef is produced in AZ. That's adds aboout 1/2 cent to the cost of a porterhouse if they take everyone of those 1,200 lb rats off OUR land.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom